Windows 7 Deleting the old XP partition

wahoobob

I installed 7pro upgrade student edition on partition E and had XP on partition C. When 7 was configured and running properly, I made E the active partition, deleted C and ran startup repair from the restore disk three times... at the end, the computer booted into 7 but I was given a small text on the bottom of a blue screen that my installation was not genuine, or something like that...

I restored from an image and won't try again unless someone can tell me where I might have gone wrong.

Thanx
Wahoobob

Last edited:
Could you attach a snipit of you Disk Management (diskmgmt.msc) window?

What do you mean you "restored from an image"?

XP is finally gone.

Could you attach a snipit of you Disk Management (diskmgmt.msc) window?

What do you mean you "restored from an image"?

Never get too frustrated by a computer... bad things happen. I decided to chuck the whole delete XP thing and wipe the drive, install a bare xp then upgrade to seven without a separtate partition for xp. this is not the most elegant fix, but at least I did the deed. Now I have to do all the software, info from a backup and get everything sorted out like before. Too much trouble but I was tired of the problems.
Other wise - I meant that I had made a disk image of the drive to restore the system if I got bad results. Still have it just in case this goes south. Thanks for trying to help.

Back
Top Bottom