Windows 7 Dell Data restore windows seven home premium?

Waqar Bukhari

Friends, I have dell inspiron n5110. It had geniune windows 7 home premium. There was dell data restore option in F8 boot menu option to restore my windows. a week ago i installed new windows 7. i didnt deleted recovery partition on my computer but there in no more option of dell data restore in f8 boot menu. Kindly help me to restore my windows. Plz help..... If there is any way to do it using comand prompt or any other way to restore that option in f8. Plz reply..

The recovery partition is still there, it has just been removed from the boot options by your new install. Just go to:

Control panel, select classic view if necessary, administrative tools, computer management, storage, disk management.

Right click on the recovery partition and select"mark partition as active". Reboot and it will run your recovery partition.

The "mark drive as active" should currently be "greyed out" on drive C as it should be currently active. I expect your recovery drive should be showing as drive D and that is the one which you should be trying to mark as active - is that what you are doing?

Back
Top Bottom