Windows 7 Dell E176FP Monitor stuck at Self Test Feature Check

NightEagle

Ok so I have a problem with my old Dell E176FP monitor.

Basically what happens is that when the computer goes off or goes into standby, the monitor doesn't go off. Instead it goes into a Self Test Feature Check. Sadly, over the years I have had the monitor I can never have much luck turning it off. I reset it to factory settings, tried possible button combinations. All with no success. When I first got the monitor, it never used to do that. About a year or two later after that, it started with it and still does to this day.

I feel this is quite annoying, since I have to keep turning the monitor off.

If there is a fix, I would like to know.

Thanks!

Hmm.... They may contain just an 'inf' file. Normally you can install these types of drivers through Device manager. You basically click update driver on the component in question, click 'have disk' which eventually allows you to browse to the files location. To be honest though I'm not even sure it would prove to be a solution anyway.. Have you tried using different ports on the monitor if it has them or changing the cables?

Hmm.... They may contain just an 'inf' file. Normally you can install these types of drivers through Device manager. You basically click update driver on the component in question, click 'have disk' which eventually allows you to browse to the files location. To be honest though I'm not even sure it would prove to be a solution anyway.. Have you tried using different ports on the monitor if it has them or changing the cables?
It only has one port. And I cant switch the cable since I don't have any spares. I'll try the have disk option, since I haven't tried that yet.

If you do try that way and come unstuck I can go through the steps a bit more clearly if it would help?

I'll see how it goes.
Update: After a while (I was out for about a week), I installed the monitor driver via the Have Disk option suggested above. I did a shutdown to test if the message would disappear. Unfortunately, it still shows up so its most likely a standalone issue with the monitor itself, not the computer driver for it.

The only other thing I can think of suggesting is replace the bios battery. Another user had a slightly similar issue with a monitor going into a certain mode and it ended up being the Bios battery... I just wonder if this is similar?

Back
Top Bottom