Windows 10 Dell Inspiron i7559-763BLK - slow wifi, new laptop

Daniel Garcia

Hi,

I just bought a Dell Inspiron i7559-763BLK (i5 6th generation). Already had an intel graphic card Driver issue which I resolved by installing the newest beta driver in compatibility mode with Windows 8.

Having an extremely slow wifi (downloading at 90bps), also from the beginning but I can't fix that. Already tried updating drivers.

Thank you

Well there a tons of reason for a slow connection.
  • Lots of overlapping wireless networks on the same channel or on an interfering channel (Check this out with a phone app like wifi analyzer)
  • Distance from device in access point, should have a signal strength between -30dbm and -70dbm
  • Building material can degrade the signal
  • If you're on a 2.4Ghz channel Microwaves and cordless phones can interfere
  • Congested ISP or any "internet" router your data is traversing between you and the host serving content
  • The host you are downloading content from
  • Faulty hardware
  • Access point positioning, most home routers have omni-directional antennas, if they are external antennas then the signal propagates perpendicular to the antenna position so you can try and re-position
  • Also on omni-directional antennas there is usually a dead spot if you are directly underneath them (rule of thumb) stay about 10 ft away from them
I would start testing what you can.

Back
Top Bottom