Windows 7 Dell Wireless 355 Module with Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR Technology Driver not functioning

denxnis

Device driver for this item was not successfully installed. After finding the driver from the source, I ran the installer in compatibility mode because it worked previously in Vista. Once I ran it in compatibility mode and rebooted a lot of the missing drivers were found however Bluetooth Peripheral Device was still not found!!!!

I previously had a bluetooth device connected using windows 7, however I uninstalled the driver and attempted to reinstall because I was unable to add additional devices.

I am still unsuccessfull and would like to use my bluetooth device.

Windows 7 version 6.1 build 7100

Anyone else run into this issue?

P.S. - The device shows up in my device manager and working properly, however I cannot add any devices because windows 7 simply doesn't find any....

Last edited:
Same problem with Dell Inspiron 9400

Dell support says its the 355 driver problem with WIndows 7 the Vista driver will not work and they won't support the BT 355 hardware module until after Windows 7 is adopted by dell as a fucntional OS. The VISTA driver for this adapter was flakey for me even at the best of times when running VISTA.

So its likely a wait until Xmas scenario unless someone else has figured out how to wake up the driver.

Got the answer!!!

Hey guys, I recently installed Windows 7 on my brother's Dell Inspiron E1705, the bluetooth 355 wasn´t working very well, it didn't send files to a cell phone, but it could receive files from the phone. What I did was to reinstall the bluetooth driver as Vista compability in right click "Troubleshooting Compability) then I restarted the laptop, and then you'll notice the bluetooth is activated so what I did was desactivate the bluetooth, wait about 5 seconds and then activate it again, and then I tried to add the device in this case a sony ericsson cell phone. Then I send a file and it worked!!!! All I did was desactivating the bluetooth adapter and activate it again. Hope it helps! it helped me! :D

What I did was to reinstall the bluetooth driver as Vista compability in right click "Troubleshooting Compability)

Could you be more specific?
I'm also having this problem but I couldn't find the Troubleshooting Compatibility option under Device Manager > Bluetooth devices neither "Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth" option.
If you have screenshots it would be great :D

Same issue with dell bluetooth mouse mouse

I have a Dell E1705 with a similar issue. Upgraded from Vista to Windows 7. Have a dell bluetooth keyboard and mouse. After upgrade to 7, they both worked fine until the next day, possibly a windows update. Now the mouse does not work, but the keyboard does. There is not bluetooth selection in control panel nor if I try to add a new device are there any selection for bluetooth. Not sure why my keyboard still works? I went to support.dell.com for my e1705, to see if I could download and re-install the wireless 355 bluetooth driver again, but that had no effect. Would sure like to use my mouse again.

This worked!

Link Removed - Invalid URL helped. Let me explain: I have an Inspiron 1525 with a BT355 module. I was initially a bit skeptical about the above driver working for me since I had Windows 7 RC, but boy, did it work!

After installing it (I used StartupMonitor (which I recommend) and had to let the BTTrayIcon program run), I could switch on my headset, and could add it to the list of BT devices.

And here's the kicker: my headset (Jabra BT2020) is not a "stereo" model, but I could set it as the default device in Win7, and could listen to music all the same. What's more, I could use it with Skype without having to install any extra software (as suggested by Link Removed due to 404 Error) at all! Take that, BT ;-)

-MJ

Last edited:
I got mine to work with the driver from support.dell.com as the vista 64 bit, I'm running Windows 7 64 bit on an XPS m1330.

Thanks to maheshjagadeesa for his post. The link above will bring you straight there. It reinstalled all my bluetooth stuff since windows 7 did it by itself when I loaded the OS.

Thanks!,, Fixed!

my experience is somewhat different. I own a Dell Inspiron 9400 running Windows 7 64-Bit.

the attempt to install and use a Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 was a real pain. at first, I tried to pair the mouse, it happened but I could not use it, no cursor movement at all. Windows 7 uses Dell Truemobile 355 Bluetooth + EDR driver version 6.1.7600.16385 here. then I tried the Dell Vista 64-Bit driver, which downgrade to 6.0.1.3100 but the setup routine upgraded the bluetooth firmware to version 2.16. once installed, nothing happened, I couldn't even pair the mouse. I tried to install latest WIDCOMM driver, with no luck, same effect, no pairing at all.

then I revert back to a previous Windows state through System Restore and I restarted with the mouse pairing pass. it paired, and now the mouse works! however, after a couple of days working with it, I stated it sometimes stops to function then it runs again after some minute. sometimes, instead, the wheel stops working. in a word, it's unstable. I'm not alone, I read other posts like mine across various forums. I cannot test the mouse with other notebooks, but I don't really think it's a mouse issue.

Dell wireless 365 module with bluetooth 2.0 + edr and Windows 7 have always been an issue, specially with my XPS M1530 64 Bit laptop. My issue was solved by downloading bluetooth driver from this link Link Removed - Invalid URL

In the link you will find the following info:

Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth Module Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP Drivers, Utility,
Multi Language, Release Date: 6/4/2009, Version: 5.1.0.3400, A00; File Size: 96MB,
(R161378.exe),
Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth Module Windows Vista 32/64bit Drivers, Utility:
Release Date: 6/4/2009; Version: 6.0.1.3100&FW216, A00; File Size: 44MB;
(R140135.exe)
Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth Module Windows 7 32/64bit Drivers, Utility:
Driver Date: 4/8/2010, Driver Version:6.3.5.430, File Size: 60.72MB;
(Dell-Bluetooth-355-Win7.zip)

My driver did not work properly ever since I can remember... I uploaded and downloaded pics, music and files to my android phone via bluetooth. I just fixed it today and it works perfect.

Just install the Dell Fix Patch R159805.exe. Fixes all problems with drivers for the 355 module in windows 7 and vista even if it was made for vista to xp. All done.

Back