Windows 7 Desktop/Folder settings problems

HeartShapedNoos

Ok about a week ago I came home to my folder options not being right. The way I had all my folders view set up just doesnt seem to be working anymore. I can change the view to my folders and exit the folder and reopen it and it will be changed again. My desktop is pretty much doing the same thing, I can set my desktop icons where I want them to be and if I press F5/right click and refresh or reset the computer they will all be lined back up on the left. The icons always seem to line back up to the same spot. Even if I leave them lined up to the left but switch them around they will switch back to the position it was in before. All this is recent things happening in the past week. I have tried the reset computer with things set the way I want, unchecking let themes change icon position, pc optimizing/registry cleanup, multiple virus scans and nothing has helped. Any idea what could be the problem? I have an HP Pavilion a4302f with Windows 7 Home Premium, 5gb RAM, 500gb hard drive (200gb free), external 1tb hard drive, and an AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.80GHz processor (dual core) Please let me know what the problem could be. Thanks

Everything worked perfectly for almost 2 years and all of a sudden this happens.

Back