Windows 7 Digital Camera

Okay, with the camera issue settled, I'm now looking for a case. I noticed that you called your case a half case, and in the picture it doesn't appear that it will fully enclose the camera. I would prefer one that does, and be made of genuine leather, not PU leather. The problem there is that the ones that I've found so far cost more than my old camera did, which seems inordinately expensive. Don't suppose you know of anything that would fit my taste and budget...do you?

Last edited:
It will look awesome with a carbon fiber finish than leather I think. Just wrap it around with carbon fiber adhesive sheets. The kind that is used as car skins.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/48-x-24in-C...ap-Film-3D-Sticker-Car-Wrap-4FT-/141040397716

At first glance, I was confused by this, because I thought you were responding to my last post about a case. But then I realized that you are speaking a a replacement for the red skin on the camera instead. Yes, I could envision that material covering the camera and looking quite good, but without a precise pattern, I don't believe I could make it work. Also, the fact that the thickness is specified as being 1.5 - 4mm makes it appear than the variation in thickness might leave high spots along the edge, like a waffle.

EDIT: Don't know about the camera, but I ordered a couple of sheets of that material, which I will probably use on some other project.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Yes, when I spoke with the tech rep on the phone earlier, we discussed the lens operation some. He also mentioned that the QX-1, which is apparently the new replacement, also has a power switch, rather than being powered on by the lens. He didn't say it, but I would imagine that also means that the zoom function is now powered on it also. The only other difference that he mentioned about it was that it was a bit lighter.

................................................................................................

Last edited:
Thanks, I could have gone for a while without seeing that.

EDIT: Then again, maybe it is a good thing. Amazon always brags about their easy returns...maybe I could just refuse shipment of the red one, and then order the black one instead. I have no idea if Amazon would charge me restocking and shipping fees or not?

Last edited:
I got a response from Amazon about refusing the shipment and reordering the black camera. They said that if I refused the shipment, I wouldn't be charged for the shipping fee. They didn't mention anything about a restocking fee. I would order the black one now, but I think I'll wait until the other arrives, so I will know that it is being returned. It is being sent via FedEx Smartpost, so it will be delivered by USPS. I seriously doubt that it could fit into my little mail box, but since I don't know how it will be packaged, I can't be certain.

Last edited:

Last edited:
I can understand that, but I've found that most feedback/reviews are written when the person first receives it, and only reflects their first impression. Obviously, one can't only consider negative reports, because as you say, there will always be some who are just unfortunate. It's difficult to strike a balance and weigh an average, but even though I found only one account of the experience with warranty support, that one speaks very loudly. I still haven't made up my mind, I'm still mulling it over.

Since I have several days before needing to make a decision, I'm going to continue shopping some. Perhaps it's a futile effort, but I'm wondering if there are any other cameras of similar abilities and price?

...........................................................................................

Last edited:
I noticed that you only looked at the 4 & 5 star ratings on the XF-1, but the 22% consisting of 3 stars and below is quite significant in my mind. Also the fact that one reviewer ordered 4 cameras of this model and all 4 had identical defects (lens control error), makes this camera look quite iffy. The problem is that the cameras that I've looked at that doesn't appear to have problems as such, are above my price range.

Even if I decided to pay more, I still wouldn't know which to buy, because I'm uncertain what factors control the ability to obtain quality macros?

..........................................................................................

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom