Windows 7 Digital Camera

Hard to believe...I refused delivery of the red camera on 2/18/2014, expecting to never see it again. However I found a delivery attempt notice in my mailbox day before yesterday, with no sender ID or tracking #, so I contacted USPS to have it delivered today. I might still have caught on and refused it again, but it came with 3 other deliveries and I didn't figure it out in time. I just sent an email to Amazon to see how to deal with this, but I now suspect that I will have to pay for the return shipping. It seems that the simpler a thing appears, the harder it is.

Hard to believe...I refused delivery of the red camera on 2/18/2014, expecting to never see it again. However I found a delivery attempt notice in my mailbox day before yesterday, with no sender ID or tracking #, so I contacted USPS to have it delivered today. I might still have caught on and refused it again, but it came with 3 other deliveries and I didn't figure it out in time. I just sent an email to Amazon to see how to deal with this, but I now suspect that I will have to pay for the return shipping. It seems that the simpler a thing appears, the harder it is.

Just tell them you refused it and if you have a written proof attach it. Tell them you bought the same item from them only in different color. They might give it a consideration.

They should have all the proof that they need, because when tracking the number on the package, it says that it was refused. I attempted to inquire about this via USPS (I truly loathe doing so). Their automated service also confirms it was refused and being returned to sender. When I tried to get it to reroute me to a representative, it refused, saying that I had all the info on the shipment. I called again, and it automatically asked if I was calling about the same tracking number, and I said no, because I knew what it would do. Finally I got it to reroute, but I got tired of listening to their overly loud continuous repetition of their brainwashing audio.

I suppose, if I were inclined to, I could have claimed that USPS lost the package, and let Amazon make a claim on it, but I'm not so inclined. Something such as this should never happen.

check your card statement if you are charged. if not, just keep it. hahaha...
I think it's a USPS mistake.

I've been attempting to check my accounts online for the last 3 days to confirm whether the refund was made, but something is wrong, because all that it does is to apologize that the website is unavailable. That kind of error has happened before, but never for 3 days in a row.

I got a couple of responses from Amazon, but they didn't clear the confusion. The first response said that the problem was caused by UPS refusing their rerouting request, and gave a link so that I could provide some needed information, however the link didn't work. I then found the second response, and it said that the refund had been processed, and should appear in my account in 2 or 3 days. At this point, I don't know what is going on?

I got another response saying that UPS would return it to them, but UPS can't, since I have it. I think the problem is that it was sent via UPS MI, which involves both UPS and USPS. (the left hand doesn't know what the right one is doing). He confirmed that the refund had been processed, and that he was forwarding this to their shipping department. The bottom line for me is that I get my refund, so that may be resolved...don't know until I can access my account. That only leaves the question of how to get this red camera back to them?

Yup, I finally got access to my accounts, and it does list the refund. Now just have to wait to see what to do with the camera.

Technically, that may be so, but I don't want it. Amazon has treated me pretty well with past issues, so I want to do the same for them.

Considering your previous silence on my tripod question, this one may not fare any better, but I prefer asking over guessing. I've not found any miniature tripods that are exactly what I would prefer. Beyond quality and stability, which obviously are important, the ability to safely store it in a fashion that I won't lose track of it, like the tripod that I already have (somewhere). Only two ways to accomplish that, that I can think of...either get one small enough to fit inside the case I'm keep the camera in (only ~5"x2.75"x2.75"), which most won't fit into, or get a tripod case, which somehow I can attach to the outside of the camera case. However none of the cases I've found are small enough for the mini tripods. The only tripod I've found that comes close to what I'm looking for is the BEXIN M225S:

http://dx.com/en/p/bexin-m225s-professional-desktop-macro-mini-tripod-w-holder-for-camera-dv-289502

It's more expensive than any other tripod in it's category, but that aside, it raises a question about the quick shoe. Just looking at the photos, it appears that it would be necessary to always have it attached to the tripod, for the camera to mount on, and detaching the camera from it would leave the quick shoe sticking out on the bottom. I understand that it could then also be detached, but all that seems a bit tedious.

Before spending almost twice the price of competing tripods, I wanted to see what input you might have on the subject?

I have 2 tripods, one regular with extending legs, and one Joby gorillapod which I both purchased for my DSLR. I always find the gorillapod (the one for long-zoom DSLR and not for compact cameras because the former is stronger) more convenient and easier to use even for the DSLR. Plus the size is just right for my camera bag. It's also great for my XF1.

I hate the locking and unlocking part of using extendable tripods. Those are only great for portraits and serious landscape photographers.

IMAG3051.jpg

Last edited:
That would be okay, except that the dimensions of the two smallest versions are 5.9 x 1.2 x 1.2, which is a little longer than the space available in my camera case. I could buy a bigger case, but that would be a somewhat expensive overkill. Do you know of a tripod case of an appropriate size to fit this tripod?

That would be okay, except that the dimensions of the two smallest versions are 5.9 x 1.2 x 1.2, which is a little longer than the space available in my camera case. I could buy a bigger case, but that would be a somewhat expensive overkill. Do you know of a tripod case of an appropriate size to fit this tripod?

Case for gorillapod? You don't need one. It's made of rubber all-around and can withstand anything without damaging it.

A case isn't just for protection, it keeps it clean, and with an appropriate clip, I could hang it from the rings on my case, that are for the shoulder strap. I just like the idea of always knowing exactly where something is without having to do a search for it. I keep the camera hanging from a S hook on a rod below my desk, and it would be nice if they are together.

A case isn't just for protection, it keeps it clean, and with an appropriate clip, I could hang it from the rings on my case, that are for the shoulder strap. I just like the idea of always knowing exactly where something is without having to do a search for it. I keep the camera hanging from a S hook on a rod below my desk, and it would be nice if they are together.
Sorry, I don't know of a good case for a tripod. Both my tripods doesn't have case. I just protect my cameras and lenses against dust.

Even pros don't put tripods in a case. Get a sling camera bag.

images

Okay, if you are going on a trip with your camera, are you gonna carry that with you? Think of something that you can easily attach to your body and at the same time protective enough for safe keeping at home. Something that you can just grab and go.

Back