Windows 7 Digitial River Manager freezing at 68%...

bryk

My download keeps freezing at 68%, and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to get it to work again.

Can anyone help me out? Thank you!

You may have to delete it and start over... but I would wait a while.... every night they seem to be overruned when those bloody english start downloading.

Also, make sure you have enoug FREE drive space... sometimes thing's are not always the fault of the British.

You may have to delete it and start over... but I would wait a while.... every night they seem to be overruned when those bloody english start downloading.

Also, make sure you have enoug FREE drive space... sometimes thing's are not always the fault of the British.

Tried that, no luck.....

Why would the download freeze at 68%?

I am running DLMWin7Pro64US.exe at it just stops at 68%. I honestly don't know what else could be causing this issue.

Any other suggestions would greatly appreciated, thank you!

If you are going from a 32 bit to a 64 bit, I would just get them to send you a DVD and avoid some problems. Since you can't seem to download you have a good excuse for not being charged extra.

Otherwise, could anything be stopping it like some monitoring software or firewall or anything else. If you watch the performance indicators during the download, do you see any abnormal activity when the download stops?

Does you ISP put any limits on downloads? How big are the files you do get?

You might try switching browsers.

Last edited:
If you are going from a 32 bit to a 64 bit, I would just get them to send you a DVD and avoid some problems. Since you can't seem to download you have a good excuse for not being charged extra.

Otherwise, could anything be stopping it like some monitoring software or firewall or anything else. If you watch the performance indicators during the download, do you see any abnormal activity when the download stops?

Does you ISP put any limits on downloads? How big are the files you do get?

You might try switching browsers.

Yes, I am going from XP 32bit to 7 64 bit.

By passing my router, firewall off, there is nothing left that could be in the way.

The entire window is white, which is fairly weird, other than a few gray borders and an empty checkbox without a label next to it.

There are no limits on downloads by my ISP. I have tried several times. After this next attempt once it freezes at 68% I'll update with how big the file is.

There may be a number of times you can attempt a download. If it doesn't finish, I don't know if it counts or not.

I assume you have read the tutorials and stickys about making a bootable DVD from the downloaded files and you see no problem with that?

Did you try a different browser. It may not let you if there is a authorization method being used. But it might just take a cookie change to get that. If you install Firefox, it offers to import all the cookies, but there may be a bad cookie you do not want--hard to say for sure.

There may be a number of times you can attempt a download. If it doesn't finish, I don't know if it counts or not.

I assume you have read the tutorials and stickys about making a bootable DVD from the downloaded files and you see no problem with that?

Did you try a different browser. It may not let you if there is a authorization method being used. But it might just take a cookie change to get that. If you install Firefox, it offers to import all the cookies, but there may be a bad cookie you do not want--hard to say for sure.

Disabled Symantec Firewall and it make it past 68%. Thank you guys, hopefully I am in the clear now. I appreciate all of your help. I think once I get Windows 7 installed, I might skip out on a software firewall, they always seem to be more trouble then they are worth. I always assume it's the router causing an issue, and 9 times out of 10 it's the firewall.

I am running DLMWin7Pro64US.exe at it just stops at 68%. I honestly don't know what else could be causing this issue.

Any other suggestions would greatly appreciated, thank you!

Just get it from the torrents. check my blogs. then when you have it DELETE ei.cfg from the sources folder and it will ask you which version you want to installl pick the Home preminum or whatever key you bought. You will have a bootable version 64 or 32... .which ever you download that you can burn to disk and will boot without the hastle of converting the upgrade version.

Back