DirectX causing Cyber Security issues.

Dear Team,

We are using DirectX components in our application, upon Scanning our application for Cyber Security issues we are facing vulnerabilities in d3dx9_43.dll (both 64 and 32 bit).

It seems that d3dx9_43.dll is statically linked with some open source libraries like zlib, libpng…
Our binary scan shows that this directx dll is using old versions of zlib and libpng.

I just want to know is there any way we can update this dll with new versions of open source libraries.
Please advice.

//Kunal Rudra

I would say you need to update your application DX9 is pretty old and I believe not supported anymore

View attachment 37767
I would say you need to update your application DX9 is pretty old and I believe not supported anymore

-----------------------------------------------

Thanks for replying.

The issue is in OS - Windows Server 2008 R2 with DirectX11 installed.
Later versions of DirectX, is not compatible with Windows Server 2008 R2.

Is there a way we can rebuild d3dx9_43.dll with latest version of open source libraries ?

//Kunal Rudra

Server 2008 R2 supports DirectX 11 so you should be using that. As for DX9, no there is no way to repatch the dll.

Based on your description, please try to install the latest version of the DirectX program. This update will most likely come with many component files of the DirectX and should update the "D3dx9_43.DLL".

The issue is in OS - Windows Server 2008 R2 with DirectX11 installed.

Later versions of DirectX, is not compatible with Windows Server 2008 R2.

Is there a way we can rebuild d3dx9_43.dll with latest version of open source libraries ?

Install the latest version of the DirectX program. This update will most likely come with many component files of the DirectX and should update the "D3dx9_43.DLL".

Back