Windows 7 Disconnects After About 5 MB of Download. Please help.

fattymc03

After about 5 mb or more of downloading, internet stops working and requires a reset. Below are my specs:

Windows 7 Build 7077
Linksys SMP54GS

Hello , i have same problem but MBs arent 5 maybe 100-300 mb and after that wi-fi block!
Router Netgear/D-Link/Edimax
i think the prolbem is from Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Adapter :confused:
When i try to watching some Flash (longer 3 min+) Wi-Fi Connection - blocked!!
If I try to download something from torrent client - same
I tryed with Netgear/D-Link/Edimax Routers - same
I tryed 2 Wi-Fi Drivers release + 1 from windows - same

If Some got any ideas thx for help.

Last edited:
Go to the homepage of your computer eg dell. Go to the dell website and search for a new/ updated wireless driver. If you have upgraded from vista this is probally the case. Well it was for me.

Last edited:
After about 5 mb or more of downloading, internet stops working and requires a reset. Below are my specs:

Windows 7 Build 7077
Linksys SMP54GS

Hello , i have same problem but MBs arent 5 maybe 100-300 mb and after that wi-fi block!
Router Netgear/D-Link/Edimax
i think the prolbem is from Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Adapter :confused:
When i try to watching some Flash (longer 3 min+) Wi-Fi Connection - blocked!!
If I try to download something from torrent client - same
I tryed with Netgear/D-Link/Edimax Routers - same
I tryed 2 Wi-Fi Drivers release + 1 from windows - same

If Some got any ideas thx for help.

FattyMC03:
Cannont find anything of actual consequence on the internet or for that matter on Linksys's site referencing a SMP54GS. Need more details on System Specs please.
KRONEN:
Intel has a 32bit driver dated yesterday (pretty recent) on their site go here http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&keyword=%223945ABG%22
and a 64 bit driver also dated yesterday (also pretty recent) go here http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&keyword="3945ABG"

Back