Windows 7 .DLL File Error, cannot open certain files/programs

Rfalke8

This has been going on for a couple months, and it hasn't gotten in the way but now it is as it's preventing me from opening certain files and games i want to use, such as Skype, and games like Bioshock Infinite. Whenever i start up my computer or open specific programs, it says : "C:/Windows/system32/d3d11.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support." There's also an issue where if this doesn't happen, the program will instantly not respond forcing me to close it. I've tried installing numerous programs that would help fix this, but whenever i try to open them, it instantly doesn't respond. Programs i can recall instantly becoming unresponsive are Skype, Catalyst Control Center, and DirectX which whenever i try to open certain games like Bioshock infinite, it says my drivers are out of date and need to be updated, but i cannot open Catalyst Control Center without it becoming unresponsive, so i cannot update my drivers! I'm not sure what to do, i'm not really good with computers either and i'm hoping someone out there knows what went wrong and can help me. Thanks.

Back