DNS issues after Windows Update

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by Matsuo, Jun 23, 2012.

  1. Matsuo

    Matsuo New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi all,

    Since a few months I've been experiencing several connection drops during the day. According to the log files it's a [COLOR=#3485bd !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=#3485BD ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]DNS[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] issue, addressed as Event ID 1014.

    Things I've tried (without effect):

    - Disconnecting my router
    - Disabling DHCP on the router
    - Setting up a static [COLOR=#3485bd !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=#3485bd !important][FONT=inherit !important]IP[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]
    - Using Google and [COLOR=#3485bd !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=#3485bd !important][FONT=inherit !important]OpenDNS[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] servers
    - Removing and reinstalling the drivers for my NIC (onboard Realtek adapter, and I've used the Realtek and the Windows ones)
    - Changing the cables between modem, PC and router
    - Repairing the TCP/IP protocol
    - Flushing DNS
    - Resetting DNS
    - Disabling auto-sleep on the NIC

    Things I've noticed (from the log)

    - The linked services were: CryptSvc, Dnscache, LanmanWorkstation and NlaSvc
     

Share This Page

Loading...