Windows Vista Do Games for XP work for Vista too?

U

Unregistered

Hi!I will make this quick do XP games work on Vista too ? pls tell me ^^

The 'quick' answer is yes. If however a game is struggling to run then right-click on the 'exe' and click compatability. Its here that a box can be ticked so the game plays as if its running under XP SP2.

I can most definitely reply to this. Many will, some games require a special driver (Not the graphic driver) that is in XP but not in Vista. Or at least, not my Vista. Don't be afraid of a major driver problem, if your game suddenly crashes, freezes. I think they call it a display driver. The problem does fool Windows.

Hmm.. You do realise that when you discuss terms like graphic and display they are all part of one thing... The graphics driver. You don't get seperate graphic drivers and display drivers.

Hmm.. You do realise that when you discuss terms like graphic and display they are all part of one thing... The graphics driver. You don't get seperate graphic drivers and display drivers.
My technical support team said that the game collapsing and freezing was due to the fact that my Vista Home Premium is not an XP. On certain topics, it requires upgrading. The XP has something in the display driver section that the true Vista does not. It handles most everything alright, only two games had a serious problem.

Could you please state which games? Also did you try the 'Compatability mode' by right-clicking on the game exe and ticking the required box?

Mah Jong Quest II gave my machine a really bad collapse. I have a direct X of 10. I was lead to believe that I have a Windows Home Premium XP. Mainly because I carry office suites. I think I'll get the correct stuff after I upgrade to Vista Ultimate, hence the retarded driver.

That game in question is in fact compatible with Vista go here for free download: Mah Jong Quest II|Game Mah Jong Quest II|see Mah Jong Quest II Game|FREE Mah Jong Quest II Download
If you check the game compatibility section you'll see Vista is included.

As to why you saw a crash when playing the game could be due to other factors..
Even though your using Dx10 it is backward compatible with Dx9 or which ever the DX the above game uses.

You may have not been up to date with the latest drivers or it may have overheated whilst playing the game. Games stress the computer far more than 'Office suites' so if you have a heat problem playing a game will quickly make that problem become more apparent.

Vista Ultimate does not handle games any better than Home Premium. They both use DX10 as well as needing the correct up to date drivers to do the job thats being asked of it. It is up to you to make sure you get the correct drivers and buying a more expensive os won't alter that fact.

Back