Windows 7 do I have a problem on my Dell?

OKgotebo71

Am new to this forum & also new to Windows 7. Previously had Vista briefly, but mainly Mac user for 20 years. I have what I believe to possibly be an error showing up on my new Dell, shows in lower right corner. Took a pic of it, if I am able to attach it. But basically it is a yellow/orange rectangle with a white triangle inside it with an exclamation pt. Also has a white box next to it with what appears to be a pic of the hd. This doesn't go away & can't be moved, in fact it seems to not all be showing, as it goes off the screen.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• Photo08152219.jpg
    Photo08152219.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 365
Please check your device manager for any yellow exclamation points or red X's and post back

OK, not sure what to do with the device manager but see no !'s or x's.

Maybe I should also add I had issues with this Dell right out of the box, it would not boot. It did boot after a phone call to them, but then problem resurfaced & it failed again. I sent it back to them & they replaced motherboard and its components as well as the processor. No problems since it's return, but the symbol mentioned appeared a week or so ago.

Thanks again for any help.

Am new to this forum & also new to Windows 7. Previously had Vista briefly, but mainly Mac user for 20 years. I have what I believe to possibly be an error showing up on my new Dell, shows in lower right corner. Took a pic of it, if I am able to attach it. But basically it is a yellow/orange rectangle with a white triangle inside it with an exclamation pt. Also has a white box next to it with what appears to be a pic of the hd. This doesn't go away & can't be moved, in fact it seems to not all be showing, as it goes off the screen.

Thanks for any help!
OKgotebo71:
Hello and welcome to the forums.
When you hover the mouse pointer (cursor) over that area (notification area) typically you'll get a text box with information regarding the icon represented there. Or you can right click the clock and choose "Customize notification icons" and you may find some information there specific to the software that is producing the icon.
It looks like a piece of software requires some attention, could be anything an AntiVirus product that needs updating, a pending burn operation for a CD recording software product, etc.,
If you can identify the source or name of the product we might be able to help further.

well, not sure how I got there, did not know what you meant by right click on the "clock"? But I did finally find an error that said I needed an upgrade to the Bios, so did that & it rebooted after installation. I thought the image was gone, but now it is back again. It seems to take it's time after reboot, since I had already started Firefox & started this note before it showed up. It does nothing when I hover over it, or double click on it.

I'll keep looking if you can give me any more clues. Like I said, I'm new to Windows, but like figure stuff out. I always do my own maintenance on my Macs, but Windows is a whole dif animal, lol, I prob know just enough to be dangerous, right? lol

Just an update, I did find what it went to, it was Dell Datasafe Backup, which I uninstalled & the image on my desktop went away.

Just an update, I did find what it went to, it was Dell Datasafe Backup, which I uninstalled & the image on my desktop went away.
Glad to hear that you were able to sort out your problem and thanks for posting back and updating your thread with the solution that worked for you.
Thanks for joining our community and we hope to continue to see you around the forums.
Regards
Randy

Back
Top Bottom