Windows 7 Does anyone actually have a general solution

Dominichateswin

Error Code 48 The software for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows (Code 48). Is the message i get for my dvd drive (lg dvd rewrite, GH22 ATA) windows 7 is rubbish it has stoped my dvd rewrite from working befor which was a lite-on dvd player. so i bought a new one, the lg one and that doesnt work same message etc.

the drivers are up to date and ive done everything internal i possibly can. microsoft shouldnt release pproducts until they have ironed out the sufficent problems.
help me
Dom

Error Code 48 The software for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows (Code 48). Is the message i get for my dvd drive (lg dvd rewrite, GH22 ATA) windows 7 is rubbish it has stoped my dvd rewrite from working befor which was a lite-on dvd player. so i bought a new one, the lg one and that doesnt work same message etc.

the drivers are up to date and ive done everything internal i possibly can. microsoft shouldnt release pproducts until they have ironed out the sufficent problems.
help me
Dom

microsoft suggests "Code 48The software for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the hardware vendor for a new driver. (Code 48)

Recommended resolution

Update the driver.

Update the driver

Contact the manufacturer of your hardware device to obtain the latest version or the updated driver. Then, install it on your computer."
have you searched for a new driver for your lg dvd rewrite, GH22 ATA ?

what level firmware are your running ?

latest version on LG website is "New firmware (ver. 1.04) for only GH22LP20(Internal Super multi DVD Writer)" odes that match ?

or even phone an LG rep
"Call an LG support representative
0844 847 5454"

Back
Top Bottom