Does anyone else hate gaming without gamer score?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Banana, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Banana

Banana Active Member

Whenever I game without the ability to earn gamer score.. it doesn't feel the same. I feel like there's no point to playing the game, but only when it's a game that is on the Xbox. This is the reason why I hope Windows 8 let's you PC game and earn gamer score.

2. Dangaioh

Dangaioh Senior Member

For me... no. The GFWL (PC Games | Games for Windows - Live - Xbox.com) is more like MS rendition of Steam achievements.

I don't have an Xbox, but I can still gain points. Certain games developed/publish from certain companies will be using the GFWL and/or Steam program. In turn you still earn Gamer Points.

While Steam only records achievements based on the individual games, and can compare achievements to the global community without a point system in general. MS pools the achievement points based on the number of achievements made based on the game(s) played. Now, I have not been on the GFWL/Xbox community to compare achievements and points.

EA, also decided to join into the gaming community bandwagon with their EA Origin program, time only tell if they decide to start a achievement/point system.

3. aadamjohnsons

aadamjohnsons New Member

Most of Gaming user play games for gaining the more score with respect to their competitor. I also think that game score make gaming more exiting and without the games score the enjoyment of game would be decrease.

4. Dangaioh

Dangaioh Senior Member

Well, if you need gaming score to go across all platforms, try Raptr: Raptr: What are you playing?

[​IMG]

Raptr tracks your Xbox, PSN, Steam achievements and World of Warcraft achievements, as well as game time and collection.