Windows 7 Does repair disk include all software on the computer at time disk was made?

cassandraann1

I apologize if this question has been answered somewhere else, or seems too simple, but everything I've been reading about repair disks/recovery disks/etc has me completely confused.

After I got my new laptop, I installed antivirus, windows updates, etc, removed bloatware and installed the software that I actually use. Then I created my System Repair disk (single disk).

Does this disk include all software and windows updates that were on my computer at the time I created the disk? I have read that System Repair disks will only have the factory settings of Windows 7, but I don't know if this is the case for all System Repair disks or only those that came with the computer and were made before the computer was purchased?

I've also read that a System Repair disk could include a system image. Is this true and done by default when the System Repair disk is created?

Thank you so much for your help!
Cassie

As far as I understand it, a system repair disk is nothing more than a bootable recovery utility. It does not contain a system image at the time of creation and it does not contain any of your data, software or updates. It should be used to boot into the "System Recovery Options" menu.
If you are looking for a way to save your current configuration (AV, updates, ...) I'd suggest using a backup utility. Either the Windows backup utility or a third party's.
I have personally tried the windows 7 backup utility and it worked pretty well for me.
Hope it helps!

Back