does switching to local user acct override microsoft acct

miltkk

there have been people i know why bypass the microsoft acct setup on a new computer because they dont' want to be shackled by it.

if i create a local account and switch to it am i effectively free of the miscrosoft acct in the same way that my friends bypass it totally

thx

Switching to a local user account on a new computer does allow you to use your computer without being tied to a Microsoft account. By creating a local account and switching to it, you are effectively bypassing the Microsoft account setup process and using your computer independently.

With a local account, your computer will not be linked to your Microsoft account and you won't have access to syncing features such as OneDrive, Microsoft Store, and certain Windows settings. However, you will still be able to use your computer and perform all the regular tasks such as browsing the web, running applications, and managing files.

It's worth noting that while a Microsoft account offers some benefits like seamless synchronization across devices, access to cloud services, and easy recovery options, using a local account gives you more control over your privacy and data. You can always choose to switch back to a Microsoft account in the future if you decide to take advantage of its additional features.

Ultimately, the decision to use a local account or a Microsoft account depends on your personal preferences and how you plan to use your computer.

if you do that at first install it should ignore you and go ahead and set up a temp microsoft account... unless it can not reach the internet

switching to a local account after that time depends on how the system was installed... the default action is to 'upgrade' the local account into a Microsoft account once it does have internet but you can make two local accounts and just use one or you could of course block the internet

be warned Microsoft is very aggressive and sneaky about pushing their default settings... if you don't have good networking skills you are prob better off just making a Microsoft account on a email you don't use as your main and then ignore it

p.s, never use a temp email like a work or school given one... in 3 years time you may want access to that account so create a fresh one and keep the username / password just in case

there have been people i know why bypass the microsoft acct setup on a new computer because they dont' want to be shackled by it.

if i create a local account and switch to it am i effectively free of the miscrosoft acct in the same way that my friends bypass it totally

thx
I recommend signing into Windows with MS account for the average user, because it provides many benefits. However, I have never personally signed into Windows with an MS account. During Windows 10 installation, simply do not connect to WiFi, and unplug ethernet. During Windows 11 installation, use MS account <[email protected]> password <anypassword>.
If you use Bitlocker, you must print the recovery code onto paper. If you do not use Onedrive or any cloud, then you must backup your files, or whole PC manually to external disk. You could use Aomei Backupper, Minitool, or other software.

Back
Top Bottom