Windows 8 Don't Let MS Take Away Aero, Speak Up and Fight To Keep Transparency.

shaneblack

Below are great screen shots of Windows 8 RP desktop, Colors are blended perfectly with Aero. Of course you have a choice to turn Aero off too, But many say MS is going to take away that choice and leave us with no choice for Aero transparency at all. To me this is an outrage. Win 8 Rp Aero is better then win 7 aero. It fits better with colors and window borders. Its less of an in your face flat, bright, annoyance then screen shots of the RTM which I think is a terrible looking abomination of the desktop UI. I've posted my desktop screen shots. I'll let you be the judge, but I'll be sending MS my feedback of how wrong I think taking away Aero will be. I think everyone has seen the aeroless RTM, and I reached my upload limit on pictures, so please look at these and look at the RTM to compare, RTM pictures are all over google right now.

Capture3.PNGCapture4.PNGCapture5.PNGCapture6.PNGCapture7.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently the Windows 8 RP has now been ported to Windows 7. Many people debated how terrible the RTM of windows 8 looks, certain theme creators are talking, and it looks like the RP aero is being ported to RTM as we speak. We're not sure how long it will take to be finished but they are working hard on it. This means a better Windows 8 for those wanting aero transparency. Below are some screen shots of Windows 7 in RP aero. The theme came from deviantart, someone worked very hard and produced the same exact theme ported to win 7. Work is in progress so don't get down about no aero in the RTM. When I hear more I'll post a fix for aero on RTM.

Windows 7 with RP aero,

Capture3.PNG

P.S I use both Win 7 and Win 8, I have two laptops in which I test a broad range of apps and programs. I am currently testing and helping coders with various topics.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 423
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 345
In fact, the transparency is still in Windows 8 RTM. It is in most themes in the personalization, under the option of Colour intensity. In point of fact, MS have taken away the option to choose - it is always there, without that option.

In fact, the transparency is still in Windows 8 RTM. It is in most themes in the personalization, under the option of Colour intensity. In point of fact, MS have taken away the option to choose - it is always there, without that option.

I'm a little confused, everyone is saying and posting pictures of an aeroless RTM. They say only the taskbar is transparent, In all the pictures I've seen, I haven't seen any with transparent window border colors. I do not have RTM, so I have not been able to play around with its theme options but maybe you or someone else can enlighten me on if window borders have aero or not. That information would be very useful to know.

As far as I can see, experimenting, The Aero feature that has gone in Windows 8 RTM is the transparency in window boarders. All else is still in Windows 8 RTM. The "glass" variation is gone, however.
But the few users/testers, are having different experiences. My test machine , from which I took the snapshots, has a reasonably old graphics card. There are old, and some fairly new, which do not seem to be evenm capable of the transparency effect.

As far as I can see, experimenting, The Aero feature that has gone in Windows 8 RTM is the transparency in window boarders. All else is still in Windows 8 RTM. The "glass" variation is gone, however.
But the few users/testers, are having different experiences. My test machine , from which I took the snapshots, has a reasonably old graphics card. There are old, and some fairly new, which do not seem to be evenm capable of the transparency effect.

Yes I think what your talking about is very much true, I've heard that MS has taken the glass effect away so some tablets with low end specs could run windows 8 better. But even if this is correct, I'm seeing some people taking steps to recreate the glass effect, primarily from the RP version. Most of these people are over at the MDL forum. Which is good news, last I heard they were working hard on it but the RTM has changed alot and MS has went to great lengths to block alot of its system settings including start button programs, and skip straight to desktop programs. Although I'm sure given enough time they will come up with workarounds. Personally I like getting into altering systems to a users taste, it just seems to have more personality then what MS has to offer for default. On my windows 7 system, I replaced the start button with a windows flag (as seen in above screenshot). One thing I've noticed is if you dont give users options to customize then they will create their own programs to bypass and do it themselves.

Well, it is hackneyed, and the subject of (several) other threads, but, the "Start" (Not button) is still there. "Hover bottom left" I would plead with you, not to continue the discussion of the start button/menu in this thread?

Back