Windows 7 Double Click Cookie!!!!

cric20111

Hey guys,
My computer is infected with the double click cookie (virus). I have tried every software to try and remove it and I have followed instructions to go into my registry and try to fix it, but it is still double clicking when I click once. I hope someone here has a solution to this problem.
Thanks,
Cric.

More info would be nice. What software have you used, and do you have a link to the instructions for the registry changes?

I did find this in the McAfee forums. They refer to XP but it might work with Windows 7 also..

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/40207

Also, there is a setting in folder options to set the mouse for a single click in some situations. If you have not looked at that, you might check.

Last edited:
More info would be nice. What software have you used, and do you have a link to the instructions for the registry changes?

I did find this in the McAfee forums. They refer to XP but it might work with Windows 7 also..

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/40207

Also, there is a setting in folder options to set the mouse for a single click in some situations. If you have not looked at that, you might check.

Remove :: Safely Uninstall, Delete and Be Rid Of DoubleClick Spyware and Adware is the place I got the instructions from, also I downloaded Internet Download Manager but I know that is not the problem because I uninstalled it and it still double clicks when I click once.

If you manually did the Registry edit recommendations, did you find any mentioned?

The virus or whatever it is, seems to be rather old (2005). But if it is allowed to redo itself, it will still show up.

You might check msconfig.exe to see if anything suspicious is on the Startup Tab and check Task Manager to see if any processes or services are running that look like they may be involved.

Many folks on this forum like to use Malwarebytes to scan their systems in addition to another anti-virus. I use Microsoft Security Essentials and scan with Malwarebytes when I feel something looks funny, but I do not run it all the time.

That douhble click had to do with advertising and it pestered my old pc for sometime as it always turned up in scans. I never got rid of it in the old days but I think now with the newer scans etc you can kick it out.
Tell us what scans you use besides what you have said.
Malware bytes Antimalware as mentioned shoud do the job.
What scanner does your pc use normally. have you tried removing all the restore points as they like to reside there. Do a system back up first.

Back