Doubt in chaning operating system

Numberman

Hey hi there, thanks in advance...(Please read fully)

Recently i bought asus vivobook 15 and it's pretty awesome and super cool to use but the real problem out there is the asus utilities my laptop have... Literally tons and tons of utilities i don't even know what's they're about... So i wanted to change my os to revi os which is lightweight...

My question is, is it ok to use revi os without having those asus built in utilities and some of the functions?.. for example my laptop have anti glare screen, for that purpose asus have eye care utility, if i use revi os i can't use asus eye care function... Can i use those kinda functions in asus laptops without having their utilities? Or will it leads to any hardware problem?

No you can't use any of the Asus options in a 3rd party os because the drivers are os based

That said most of the bundle apps are just crap wear, once you register your laptop (which doesn't need any software to do) the only thing id keep is the driver update app

Sent from my Nokia X20 using Windows Forums mobile app

That's fine tho.. i don't want any of the asus utilities only... I can able to update drivers in revi os too... Since it's a windows os itself... But my real question is, will it affect my motherboard or firmware kinda stuffs? Cuz idk that much about those stuffs

as long as you don't let Microsoft replace any of the chipset drivers with their one size fits all crap i.e, optional updates then the motherboard fuchions should not be effected
the only firmware i know of that uses and actual app on Asus systems is the touchscreen one and if you replace that the only issue is touch screen turning itself off after sleep mode

the fingerprint scaner isn't something i've played around with so can't help there

as long as you don't let Microsoft replace any of the chipset drivers with their one size fits all crap i.e, optional updates then the motherboard fuchions should not be effected
the only firmware i know of that uses and actual app on Asus systems is the touchscreen one and if you replace that the only issue is touch screen turning itself off after sleep mode

the fingerprint scaner isn't something i've played around with so can't help there
I'm sorry i can't understand, could you please explain easily and please note that my vivobook 15 is not a touchscreen model

there are lots of different models mate
if you tell us the exact one you have then we know which options to talk about
chipset drivers = the motherboard parts

My new laptop's model is x515ea-ej322ws core i3 512 ssd intel uhd... The problem is i don't want any of these asus utilities.. i can disable it but i can't permanently remove it.. that's why i want to change the operating system...

Revi os is something like a light version of windows 11 without the unnecessary features, that's why i to tried it..

I've dual booted it and tried installing all the drivers in revi os and it successfully installed everything... But the one thing I've missed is function keys (Usually in my inbuilt os i don't have to use function key along with f4 to turn volume up and down.. i can use f4 to directly turn volume up, but in revi os i can't use that function like that, i needed to use function key in order to use volume up... I have tried function lock too(fn+esc) and it didn't work(function lock has a small light in keyboard and when i try to lock function key it won't turn on in revi os even tho my keyboard drivers are up-to-date)(but it's only be usable in the inbuilt os, whenever i use fn lock in my inbuilt os, it works and that light in function button turning on only in my inbuilt os..))

My new laptop's model is x515ea-ej322ws
ok that explains a lot goto this webpage X515EA - Support
there are 3 models of that basic system
EP = i5 chip and Gpu ... you have stated i3 so its not this one
EA and EAU = the difference is basically the bios but they both use the same chipset drivers [see image]... installing that should get your keys working
chip set driver.png

Back