Windows 10 Download Windows 10 Build 14393.10 Anniversary Update

Mike

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
We have important information for those who want the August 2nd release of Windows 10 Anniversary Update today!

UPDATE! OFFICIAL MICROSOFT DOWNLOAD SITE HERE:
Link Removed

The first option will upgrade your system.

The second option will allow you to download the updated Windows Media Tool and create a ISO file to do a clean install.

We recommend that you:
  • Download any files at your own risk. We are not responsible for lost data or damage.
  • Observe best practices, including backing up your data prior to the installation of any operating system updates or modifications.
  • We, again, strongly recommend that you thoroughly backup your system prior to the installation of any operating system update.
The files have been tested on various types of hardware, without problem or difficulty. This does not guarantee that the Windows 10 Anniversary Update will work for you. You may want to clean install the software, by burning the ISO file to disc, or you can extract the .ISO file using WinRAR, and run the upgrade path.

If running the upgrade path after extracting the .ISO file, temporarily disable your anti-virus, save all of your work, and turn off all programs before running the installer. This will improve the likelihood of a proper installation. Follow all on-screen instructions.

Support Files for Genuine Microsoft Windows 10 License Holders

Windows 10 "Redstone" or Anniversary Update is a service pack-type upgrade. These files are considered support files and can only be used with a legitimate, genuine Windows license key. If we are asked to remove these files, at any time, by Microsoft Corporation, we will do so, without hesitation. However, these files remain online with the proper SHA1 data authentication through torrents and other means, by other individuals, with whom we have no association. In any event of where you may download these files online, you should be attempting to download these files for emergency support reasons or system failure and should verify their authenticity using the SHA1 authentication. Until the release to general public, this should be among the few, if only circumstances, that we could justify for the download of these files.

Information about this ISO:

@nmsuk confirms from a source at Microsoft that build 14393 is, indeed, the final version.

Additional Verification Details

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

BuildLab: 14393.rs1_release.160715-1616
BuildLabEx: 14393.0.amd64fre.rs1_release.160715-1616
CurrentBuild: 14393
CurrentBuildNumber: 14393
CurrentType: Multiprocessor Free
CurrentVersion: 6.3
ProductName: Windows 10 Pro

The operating system is governed by Microsoft's END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT. You may not be able to activate the build of Windows 10, and no license keys can be provided. This ISO file distribution is mainly designed for our members and technical experts. For more information, including hardware requirements, as well as how to join the Microsoft Windows Insider Program, please visit: Link Removed

IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING, DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS FILE AND DO NOT RUN IT IN A PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT.

Last edited:
Solution
Sankalp;

What version of W10 are you upgrading from exactly? If you have v1511, it does not appear possible to upgrade at this point in time via Windows Update. At this point you must download the v1607 b14393.10 from ISO file and burn to DVD or USB and perform a clean install. There is quite some confusion about this, and I've been posting since Tue. Aug. 2nd on this.:confused: I have W10 on 5-machines here, and none of them upgraded from v1511 (b10240.x or b10586.x). I actually used the ISO file from a Microsoft link provided here on our forum and installed v1607 b14393.5, enabled WUDO to maximum settings, and within a few hours of installing and turning on updates, it was receiving...
Link Removed

I am wondering if being 82 years old qualifies for "assisted technology" -lol

It is open to abuse but in Australia ‘assisted technology’ translates as you are registerd with some form of organisation which is themselves registerd | certified by the government… so without trying to be ageist, I’d suggest a trip to your local optometrist for an eye check would probably cover the selection requirments.

Still nothing over at MSDN. Checking daily now.. ;)

It is open to abuse but in Australia ‘assisted technology’ translates as you are registerd with some form of organisation which is themselves registerd | certified by the government… so without trying to be ageist, I’d suggest a trip to your local optometrist for an eye check would probably cover the selection requirments.
When trying to read between the lines - getting to be difficult these days with MS!, it does look as though they themselves, may be the biggest abusers -or shall we say, they are using their discretion.

Well, it looks like they have really moved on. Last build (escrow) was 393.1018. No further anniversary work for five days. They are now logging redstone 2 builds.

Capture.webp

Yeah, they'll probably rush Redstone2 and give it to us in October.
A lot of what people wanted didn't make it in the Anniversary update, so they'll have to rush it or lose business to Apple & Google.

The infamous anniversary update.

If users have kept their normal updates flowing, tomorrow is going to be the biggest non-event ever.

the iso copy I down loaded is in fact an upgrade i.e, your system reboots and generates an "old.windows" file
what could possibly go wrong with that! :oops:
Screenshot (38).webp

Isn't that normal, if you are applying an ISO over an existing OS?

Sorry I'm late to this party.:blow:.been busy with last minute W10 customer upgrades and crashed quickbooks systems.
Just tried installing this download from Page 1: Link Removed (US ENGLISH 64-BIT)

No-go on 2 systems so far. Dell Dimension E520 & Dell OptiPlex GX520. Both HDDs have a couple of minor problems, so I'm trying again but it's interesting that I had earlier builds on both these (build 10240) and they both crashed attempting the Pro-only ISO version file from above.:rolleyes: Tried wiping the HDD on both and reinstalled above ISO file via DVD; no luck yet.

I'm trying the all-versions ISO next, as that seemed to work for brkkab.

I might have to dig up a cleaner HDD out of one of my other PCs to get this to go if the all-versions ISO doesn't do the trick.

I'll get back to you all tomorrow. ;)

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Isn't that normal, if you are applying an ISO over an existing OS?
well yes because an upgrade by iso is the normal way to upgrade Microsoft software... an update modifies your current product while an upgrade totally replaces it.

my point is power outage or internet | network fails during the process can be very bad and you should consider doing a fresh install if the upgrade runs into errors.

p.s, most people will have home edition BigBearJedi but I know at least two people that have loaded that Pro iso and the files are solid... luck mate!

Last edited:
well yes because an upgrade by iso is the normal way to upgrade Microsoft software... an update modifies your current product while an upgrade totally replaces it.

my point is power outage or internet | network fails during the process can be very bad and you should consider doing a fresh install if the upgrade runs into errors.

p.s, most people will have home edition BigBearJedi but I know at least two people that have loaded that Pro iso and the files are solid... luck mate!
>>>Interesting!! :andwhat: Well, I got it to work with the W10 ALL-VERSIONS ISO file on my Dell E520! :up: Funny how the W10 PRO 64bit ISO failed. :headache: The hdd was pretty clean except for a couple of non-RSC errors. I selected W10 Pro on the install option screen. Haven't tried the Home option yet, but I suspect that would work too. Oh, and I made a mental error on the 2nd PC I tried the Pro ISO file on, and that's a Dell OptiPlex GX520 (about 9-1/2 yrs. old). :redface: That machine is 32bit, and all the 3 download ISO's Mike gave us links to are only for 64bit machines!! So, I doubt it will install the W10 ALL-VERSIONS ISO file at all. That's Ok, I'm guessing MS will make the Anniversary Update push file tomorrow to work on both 32bit and 64bit, don't you think?? There are still lot's of people who have vista-era and W7/8x-era laptops, and many of them are 32bit only such as my Sony Vaio (2008). This Sony laptop is running W10 Home Activated and was my first legit W10 Activated machine. I'm hoping it takes the Anniversary Update without issue. Thanks for letting me know that W10 PRO 64bit ISO file worked elsewhere though! ;)<<<
BBJ

We confirm 14393.10 Cumulative Update (KB3176929) has been released to the official Microsoft Windows Update catalog (not just Insider). This will update your version of Windows to 14393.10.

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3176929)

IE-only link: Microsoft Update Catalog

It is available on MSDN download site now.

For anyone interested, this:

Windows 10 (Multiple Editions), Version 1607 (Updated Jul 2016) (x64) - DVD (English)
ISO

File Name: en_windows_10_multiple_editions_version_1607_updated_jul_2016_x64_dvd_9058187.iso
Languages: English
SHA1: 99FD8082A609997AE97A514DCA22BECF20420891

Back