Windows 10 Download Windows 10 Build 14393.10 Anniversary Update

We confirm 14393.10 Cumulative Update (KB3176929) has been released to the official Microsoft Windows Update catalog (not just Insider). This will update your version of Windows to 14393.10.

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3176929)

IE-only link: Microsoft Update Catalog

>>>Tried downloading both of those, and I get a failure error from both files (attached below). :down: There were 2 other files with the same KB# also listed in the Microsoft Catalog page, and they were in WinRAR format and preceded by GDRDU (whatever that means?). I attempted to unzip, but my WinRAR couldn't unzip without paying the $29 for the program as apparently my Free Trial period, 30 days, expired. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong. :andwhat: Here's the photo of the error msg.:

W10 KB3176929 ERROR.JPG

Maybe someone else who has the paid version of WinRAR can unzip the 2 GDRDU files and test install them for us??
In the meantime, I just finished successfully installing the 14393.5 file you put up earlier this week on my Test Machine. Once I make an Image backup (Macrium), I can wipe it out and put in 10240, download the WinRAR trial version and attempt to use the GDRDU files after extracting them.
Nothing's easy, huh? :headache:

Edit: Just going to mention that my Dell is a true 64bit machine and I'm running W10 Licensed v1511 b1586.494 Activated on it in 64bit OS mode.

BBJ

Thanks, Sonny! ;) Appreciate the input. I've looked at 4 machines with W10 (2 properly Activated) today, none of them got it. At least my Test Machine got the 14393.5 update from Mike's link. Guess we'll need to be patient as last I heard Microsoft said they had about 300 Million copies of W10 installed out there--all waiting for the same update!

By the way, I noticed you live in Socorro. I went to school there back in the early 70s. My best friend still lives there after he retired from Tech.

Cheers!:teeth:
Marc

Very nice!!;) Haven't been back since '73. Nice place to live.

Interestingly enough the 14393.10 update came into my Test machine this afternoon sometime.:up: That's the one I installed via a clean install from 10240, updated to 10586.494, and then used Mike's update ISO file to create 14393.5.

Cheers!
BBJ

the iso copy I down loaded is in fact an upgrade i.e, your system reboots and generates an "old.windows" file
fyi the point of this windows old file is that it allows you to roll back the august update in the event that its not working well on your system... a fact i have just now taken advanage of.

I did run into some minor driver errors but the reason I rolled back is more to test that the option works.

Soon as I get a chance, I may try that test as well. That's good to know it worked for you. :up:

BBJ

Sankalp;

What version of W10 are you upgrading from exactly? If you have v1511, it does not appear possible to upgrade at this point in time via Windows Update. At this point you must download the v1607 b14393.10 from ISO file and burn to DVD or USB and perform a clean install. There is quite some confusion about this, and I've been posting since Tue. Aug. 2nd on this.:confused: I have W10 on 5-machines here, and none of them upgraded from v1511 (b10240.x or b10586.x). I actually used the ISO file from a Microsoft link provided here on our forum and installed v1607 b14393.5, enabled WUDO to maximum settings, and within a few hours of installing and turning on updates, it was receiving a 2nd update to the Anniversary Update itself (b14393.5 updated to b14393.10). :encouragement:

If you have v1607 already installed on there (b14393.0 or b14393.5), make sure that you have disconnected any and all usb external devices and secondary internal drives such as would be connected inside a PC computer case connected via SATA or eSATA ports to the Motherboard. This includes any and all peripherals such as printers, scanners, all-in-one printers, webcams, trackballs, etc. Re-run your update. Next, make sure you're WUDO is enabled and set to maximum. WUDO settings allow you to get the updates faster to your computer, and if you have more than 1 computer in your home network, subsequent computers will get the Anniversary Update-update faster as well.

<<<BBJ>>>

Sankalp;

What version of W10 are you upgrading from exactly? If you have v1511, it does not appear possible to upgrade at this point in time via Windows Update. At this point you must download the v1607 b14393.10 from ISO file and burn to DVD or USB and perform a clean install. There is quite some confusion about this, and I've been posting since Tue. Aug. 2nd on this.:confused: I have W10 on 5-machines here, and none of them upgraded from v1511 (b10240.x or b10586.x). I actually used the ISO file from a Microsoft link provided here on our forum and installed v1607 b14393.5, enabled WUDO to maximum settings, and within a few hours of installing and turning on updates, it was receiving a 2nd update to the Anniversary Update itself (b14393.5 updated to b14393.10). :encouragement:

If you have v1607 already installed on there (b14393.0 or b14393.5), make sure that you have disconnected any and all usb external devices and secondary internal drives such as would be connected inside a PC computer case connected via SATA or eSATA ports to the Motherboard. This includes any and all peripherals such as printers, scanners, all-in-one printers, webcams, trackballs, etc. Re-run your update. Next, make sure you're WUDO is enabled and set to maximum. WUDO settings allow you to get the updates faster to your computer, and if you have more than 1 computer in your home network, subsequent computers will get the Anniversary Update-update faster as well.

<<<BBJ>>>

Thanks. I have v1511...(b10586.x)
I tried updating that to version 1607 at night. It said system is compatible and went up till 20% and then stopped. Today I tried again and it's not going above 0% ! Why?
Untitled.png

From Microsoft :
You can check which version of Windows 10 your device is currently running to see whether you are eligible for the Windows 10 Anniversary update. To do this, click the Start
3163329.png
button, then click Settings > System > About.
  • If the About window shows that you have Version 10.0 (Build 10240) or Version 1511 (OS Build 10565), you are eligible to install the Windows 10 Anniversary update.
  • If the About window shows that you have Version 1607 (OS Build 14393), you already have the Windows 10 Anniversary update.
And I have Version 1511 (OS Build 10586)

Last edited:
Hi all,
It's been awhile since I posted to this thread about AU issues, but I promised to post back if I ever noticed a change with the AU automatic update behavior. And about 10 min. ago I just logged onto my W10 laptop to watch some Netflix and my laptop was doing some kind of update. I thought maybe it's the monthly update for September 2016, but that already came in on the machine earlier; I had checked it yesterday (still on ver. 1511). So, I let it go, and it removed a couple of programs (CCleaner and 8Gadgetpack) and forced me to upgrade my Norton Internet Security. But then completed on it's own!! :up:

After doing a quick winver command, I now am the proud possessor of a ver. 1607 OS Build 14393.287 W10 system via AU automatic update! :applaud: Perhaps Microsoft read through all the messages we've been posting here on WF and the Insider Community Hub forum and finally did something about it. :polite: Thanks, Microsoft!;)

Anyway, for those of you that have been contributing to the several AU threads here, this is pretty exciting I know. I finally got this update on an existing machine running ver.1511 W10 without having to do a Clean Install: Halleleujah! We'll see now if my other 4 (four) W10 machines will get the new AU update automatically as well. It's also worth sharing my WUDO settings for those of you trying to duplicate this feat of getting the new AU version installed through Windows Update (WU). My WUDO=On, and the Updates from more than one Place setting = "PCs on my local network, and PCs on the Internet" = On.
This is worth mentioning, as I have all my other 4-W10 machines with this same setting which is supposed to maximize the ability of my other computers getting the same update propagated through my home network faster by using portions of the entire update that are already on the 1st successful machine to get the AU update installed. So for our many users who have been anxiously awaiting getting the AU update on their computers (especially if they have more than one on their home network) installed through WU automatically, make sure to set your WUDO settings to the above settings I have to get it as fast as possible (for you guys who are Insider Testers, this seems to me to be the equivalent of setting you WU to "Fast Ring" to get your Tech Preview versions as quickly as Microsoft releases them to try them out. Sort of.:andwhat:

I'll post back over the next week or so how my other W10 machines do at getting the AU update installed now that I have it on one of my W10 machines (the laptop). If any of you are now getting it as well, please post back a quick note to share with us if that is the case on your machines as well.

Thanks!!:up:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

I am outstandingly jealous (lol). I keep in touch with updates,. After the Tuesday special, I am still stuck with 14393.187
Curious though?? I don't see anything on the web relating to 287.

Hi Dave; Oops!! That was a typo; the AU update I got was indeed 14393.187 not .287! Sorry! :redface::redface:

I was so excited to get it and post it (the .187) I didn't proof my post properly.:hide: In any case, I just posted this in another AU thread; my .187 gave me a severe problem so I had to roll it back to 1511.10586.595. Here's that link: Windows 10 - Download Windows 10 Build 14393.10 Anniversary Update.

Looks like I'm going to have to see what this AU (the .187) does to my other W10 machines; as far as the laptop goes I'm going to have to wait until the October update comes out or if the updated one from this morning comes into my other machines and it works, I'll try to troubleshoot the laptop to see if it's a keyboard driver issue or something weird with the new Norton IS that the AU forced me to download and install. Some of the other fellas here are having problems too including Mike Hawthorne. (excluding his infamous Chrome debacle!)--shout out to you Mike!

Cheers!:ahaha:
BBJ

bigbearjedi … what kind of severe problems?

an update happened to me thursday evening as i got home … the yellow-screen and throbber … appeared as i attempted to "restart" my laptop. this screen lasted well through the night. two hours after it's inception, i crawled into bed (left computer on) … that update seemed to have finished 3:10am. at 4:45am, i got outta' bed … noted the computer was in desktop mode … promptly shut her down.

arrived home 1pm that afternoon (friday) … microsoft was telling me the upgrade failed … not enough space in the partition. performed some theatrics in the admin-tools … and found another 18gb free-space. smooth sailing after that … the yellow-screen again present … successfully integrated au's latest release (14393.187).

w10 is feeling happy once again … and i am feeling disgruntled (as always).

p.s. thanks for the continuing updates on w10-au … gives an old fart bit of confidence … or, perhaps, tolerance.

I think many of these issues come from the upgrade process itself, which let's face it, is a complete and utter pile of pants. I avoid upgrades whenever possible and same goes for the Anniversary update. I used the official ISO and haven't looked back.

bigbearjedi … what kind of severe problems?

an update happened to me thursday evening as i got home … the yellow-screen and throbber … appeared as i attempted to "restart" my laptop. this screen lasted well through the night. two hours after it's inception, i crawled into bed (left computer on) … that update seemed to have finished 3:10am. at 4:45am, i got outta' bed … noted the computer was in desktop mode … promptly shut her down.

arrived home 1pm that afternoon (friday) … microsoft was telling me the upgrade failed … not enough space in the partition. performed some theatrics in the admin-tools … and found another 18gb free-space. smooth sailing after that … the yellow-screen again present … successfully integrated au's latest release (14393.187).

w10 is feeling happy once again … and i am feeling disgruntled (as always).

p.s. thanks for the continuing updates on w10-au … gives an old fart bit of confidence … or, perhaps, tolerance.

>>>Hi Jack:
Here's the post with what happened on my laptop:
============================================================================================================
Well, I knew it was too good to be true! September AU update came into my W10 Sony Vaio laptop this morning around 2AM, and I let it run. It removed 2 apps from my pre-AU configuration (CCleaner & 8Gadgetpack), and made me remove my Norton Internet Security and update to the latest Norton I.S. version and then completed the update. It was all looking good, I even made a post on here on the main AU thread. Then Norton had me reboot, and wham! I suddenly lost like 15 keys on my keyboard that were no longer working correctly! :(

I tried several things, including full chkdsk and sfc. No go there. I tried some other repairs as well; no luck. Tried booting in Safe Mode too; but the problem persisted. I was getting ready to Restore from a Macrium Image Backup to my pre-AU config, and I thought I'd try the new "ROLL BACK TO THE PREVIOUS BUILD". I've never done the rollback before and it's now in the Advanced Options=Recovery menu. It worked! :up:

I'm disappointed that there is some problem with my laptop and the latest September AU build, v1607 b14393.187. It could be the keyboard or human interface drivers, I didn't check the Dell website to see if they had a later version than what the W10 AU installed. But, I'll get back to that later. I'm going to wait on letting that update into the laptop until October and see what that update does. In the meantime, I'm going to let the update into my other 4-W10 machines and see if they have a similar problem. They have different hardware, cpu's, Mobos, etc.

Back to the drawing board Microsoft...:angered:

At least the September AU update finally came into one of my computers through Windows Update and self-installed. :applaud:
I'll report back further developments here..stay tuned! :teeth:

BBJ :nerdie:
============================================================================================================

Glad you like what I'm attempting to do.;) As you are well aware, not everyone out there is as comfortable as we are about borking a working W10 system, backing it all up to external media, doing a Clean Install of the W10 OS, reinstalling ALL their programs and data, not an easy task for most folks, just to get to the next level.:headache: That's why several of us on the W10 Insider Community are posting to the Hub and telling Microsoft that they should call the AU update what it is; W10.1 or maybe W10.2; and be done with it.:bigtongue: MS certainly didn't have any problems calling the big rollup update in W8 --> W8.1 did they? And if you played around with that update, it didn't go in nice either.:noway: I had to do problably a dozen of those on Customer machines. The last update that went in smoothly (on a clean running windows machine of course!) was SP1 on W7 (W7-->W7 SP1).

I gotta go paint my house some more...

EDIT: If you could put a "Like" on my Post here, that would be helpful to let other people know my efforts are appreciated on this topic! Thanks!

Have a good one.:wave:
BBJ

Last edited:
I think many of these issues come from the upgrade process itself, which let's face it, is a complete and utter pile of pants. I avoid upgrades whenever possible and same goes for the Anniversary update. I used the official ISO and haven't looked back.
Way to go!

A lot more work to do, if you are helping others, putting their software back in place, but the extra effort is saved in the after effect. I have had to deal with a few problems on the upgrade, in particular (I deal with the older generation) in finding a non. working MS solitaire collection - all solved with a fresh install.

Wanted to add.

I suppose, with so many different computers and configurations, it can be difficult for the MS programmers to establish why a particular problem is occurring - but only with updates! But what concerns me more, is the fact that, as far as I can surmise, MS have not even acknowledged that there is a problem with Solitaire. The web , and feedback, is flooded with that single complaint, yet remains unanswered. If MS choose to continue with the present compulsory update system then they are doomed.
Single updates could be acceptable - easy enough to uninstall again if they cause problems, but the frequent large accumulative updates are just not acceptable under these circumstances.

Back