Windows 7 Driver Signing Issue PLEASE HELP

Jeremy

I can't get my ps/gc adapter to work. I installed it in windows 7 32 bit and it worked perfect. Now I went to the 64 bit and it says the driver isn't digitally signed and won't install it. None of the vista work arounds for digital signning work in 7. What do I do?? It could be years before a 'signed' driver comes out. It really pisses me off because I know the driver works it worked in windows 7 32 bit. Is all that driver signing business built into the 64 bit versions? What do I do I NEED my wireless play station controller to work before GTA 4 comes out.

You need a signed driver for 64 Bit. Period.
Also, if you're trying to install the same driver, a 32-bit driver won't work in 64-bit.

Yeah you are right - it won't work

I just wanted to say that I did finally find a way to disable the driver signing in windows 7 - but OF COURSE 32 bit drivers won't work on a 64 bit system. If anyone is interested the only way to install an unsigned driver in windows 7 is to stop the Cryptographic Services.

As he said above the only way to get it installed is to install a 64 bit driver

I'm also having a driver signing issue, but it's my dvd drive. That's not something I can exactly just download a new driver for...

Assuming you're trying to install the right drivers for your OS (32bit / 64bit), you can google readydriverplus, which just automatically turns off driver signing at bootup - helps with stuff like peerguardian. I used it in Vista and it seems to work fine w/ Windows 7. Just a thought.

You can also try this method, which may or may not work:

Open command prompt as administrator, run this command:

Code:
bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

Restart the computer to take effect.

Hey Mike, I'll try that - thanks. If that's a permanent solution, then that'd be great. I can get rid of readydriver then.

Update ..didn't work. I think I tried that on vista in the beginning. But various updates negated it. oh well.

Last edited:
Mike wrote:
"You can also try this method, which may or may not work:

Open command prompt as administrator, run this command:"

Code:
bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS ( I removed the redundand D in Disable) sisyphus.

The first command did not work alone. But the second one does the business!:)
Also; upper case is not required.
Thank you!

Last edited:
Hey, my sound card wouldn't work (invalid signature) and I went to Internet Options-Advanced...scrolled down near the bottom and checked "allow software to run or install even if the signature is invalid"...and now it works fine. Might work for others too.

The very 1st post Mike did about Disabling driver signing works perfectly and is a permenant solution.

To everyone saying its not working your either NOT opening CMD as a Administrator by right clicking it before you open it

or your just to hyper and need to calm down and type it exactly as he has written. its CASE and SPACE sensitive

then restart your computer

Yet another way is to use the free program EasyBcd. This is a user friendly way to manipulate the Boot Manager and bcdedit.
The Advanced options allow you to disable the driver signing.

@ Shperax: The reason 'I' posted was because I found that by doing what it says in my post works also, and you are not editing anything-its an option in the Windows 7 OS!

Okay Mike, How do you turn it off? Go back to normal signage.....

Trying to get Tritton Technologies headset working. TRI-UA512 or AXPC headset, they don't have W7 drivers yet and Visa64 bit drivers don't work. Have been saying for over 9 months they are working on getting one, but not yet. Haven't had any luck yet. Any ideas?
Thanks
AZ

You can also try this method, which may or may not work:

Open command prompt as administrator, run this command:

Code:
bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

Last edited:
Back