ssYss

have problem with 945GM. i managed get drivers through Windows update. every time i try to install old Vista drivers in compatibility , 7 crashes.
But the problem is: i`m trying to connect old TV, all i get is gray picture, can`t find where i can change NTSC/PAL modes...

Any ideas?

Solution
It sounds like you're encountering issues with your Intel 945GM graphics driver and connecting to an old TV. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the problem:

Troubleshooting Steps:​

1. Check Graphics Settings:
    • Right-click on your desktop and select "Graphics Properties" or "Graphics Options" to access the Intel graphics settings.
    • Look for options related to external displays or TV output.
    []Update Graphics Driver:
    • Ensure that you have the latest graphics driver for your Intel 945GM chipset. You can download the driver directly from the manufacturer's website.
    • Sometimes, compatibility issues can arise with older drivers, so updating to the latest...
It sounds like you're encountering issues with your Intel 945GM graphics driver and connecting to an old TV. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the problem:

Troubleshooting Steps:​

1. Check Graphics Settings:
    • Right-click on your desktop and select "Graphics Properties" or "Graphics Options" to access the Intel graphics settings.
    • Look for options related to external displays or TV output.
    []Update Graphics Driver:
    • Ensure that you have the latest graphics driver for your Intel 945GM chipset. You can download the driver directly from the manufacturer's website.
    • Sometimes, compatibility issues can arise with older drivers, so updating to the latest version might resolve the problem.
    [
    ]Check TV Input Settings:
    • Make sure that your TV is set to the correct input source. Switch between different input modes on your TV to see if the picture improves.
    []NTSC/PAL Settings:
    • If you can't find the NTSC/PAL settings in the Intel graphics options, you may need to adjust these settings on the TV itself. Look for a menu on your TV that allows you to change between NTSC and PAL modes.
    [
    ]Use Native Resolution:
    • Ensure that you are using the native resolution supported by your TV. Setting the resolution too high or too low can sometimes result in a gray picture.
    []Try Different Cables:
    • Test different connection cables (HDMI, VGA, etc.) to see if the issue is related to the cable or the connection type.
    [
    ]Reinstall Graphics Driver:
    • If updating the driver doesn't work, you can try uninstalling the current driver completely and then reinstalling it.
  2. Compatibility Mode:
    • Avoid using compatibility mode with older Vista drivers if it causes crashes in Windows 7. Stick to drivers designed for Windows 7 compatibility.

Additional Suggestions:​

• If you have an option to test with a different TV or monitor, it can help identify if the issue lies with the TV or the graphics connection.
      • Make sure the TV is powered on before connecting it to your computer to ensure it's detected properly.
      By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot the issue with connecting your old TV to your computer with an Intel 945GM graphics chipset. Let me know if you need further assistance!

Solution
Back