Windows 8 DVD drive runs forever w/ inserted disc.

PA WOODCHUCK

I purchased software/download and then burned to DVD disc. I installed the software on my Vista(64) system OK, but when I loaded the DVD into my Win 8.1 all the drive does is spin. It's been over 10 minutes and still spins away. I do get win explorer window with files shown normally with the mouse pointer spinning as busy.

Please help

I purchased software/download and then burned to DVD disc. I installed the software on my Vista(64) system OK, but when I loaded the DVD into my Win 8.1 all the drive does is spin. It's been over 10 minutes and still spins away. I do get win explorer window with files shown normally with the mouse pointer spinning as busy.

Please help
It is possible that the dvd being done under Vista, can not be read by Windows's 8.1. I have seen things like that every so often. Is there any way you can burn from your Windows 8.1 machine? It is also possible, though not as likely that you might have gotten a bad dvd disk to start with. There are definitely some dvd's that are better overall than others. Do keep the download if possible till you can confirm a good backup of it is made. Hope this might be of some help, as there is nothing worse than not being able to make a good copy of something you pay for.

Back