Windows 7 DVDs won't play on my ADVENT 6522, no AERO support

AlexAJB

Guys

Sorry it's me again. Having sorted the sound out I tried playing a DVD and it said the graphics card didn't support the AERO display. Is there anyway round this problem or is there a more up to date driver available?

The actual error box says:

Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because it is not possible to turn on analog copy protection on the output display. Try installing an updated driver for your video card.

Many thanks once again for your time

Alex

Last edited:
Hi Alex,
I checked on the driver situation and only xp are available. You might get lucky though, like before.. Anyway here's the download link:

Link Removed - Invalid URL (MD5: 2A5C7000EBDC5C969B1BE8139D994D69)

Thanks for this. I have tried installing and it won't let me continue as it says it is for Windows 2000/XP. Is there anyway of forcing it to install?

Many thanks

Alex

You could try rightclicking on the driver and choose properties then compatibility mode or you could try and force the driver via device manager..

Sorry for being a newbie with Windows 7 but I'm not sure which bit of the driver I need to right click on (It's unzipped) and I've never used device manager. Can you give me any more hints how to do this?

Once again, many thanks for all your help so far,

Alex

Hi Alex,
here's a screenshot (I'm a bit rushed for time so I'll just post this for now)

Back