Windows 7 Early Windows 7 Release

john3347

Extraordinary Member
Premium Supporter
Although some retailers and system builders are already "sneaking" copies of the OS and systems with the OS pre-installed, the official release date remains Oct 22. BUT WAIT! Microsoft has just announced that some small system builders who build special built-to-order systems may pre-install Windows 7 on systems to be delivered on Oct 13. The only thing new here, I guess, is that Microsoft is now approving a certain portion of the early releases.

edit: (While turning a blind eye to the remaining early release instances....)

Some Win7 PCs to Ship Days Before Official Win7 Release / Infopackets.com

Although some retailers and system builders are already \"sneaking\" copies of the OS and systems with the OS pre-installed, the official release date remains Oct 22. BUT WAIT! Microsoft has just announced that some small system builders who build special built-to-order systems may pre-install Windows 7 on systems to be delivered on Oct 13. The only thing new here, I guess, is that Microsoft is now approving a certain portion of the early releases.

Some Win7 PCs to Ship Days Before Official Win7 Release / Infopackets.com

That's correct... I also get a Limited Signature Ultimate Edition of W7 on or around Oct. 10 since I'm a Party Host for the Windows 7 Launch Party that they advertised on houseparty.com.

I think they are doing that on-purpose to get people involved more in Windows 8 perhaps?

I think it's more of a marketing gimmick really.. ;) They know there's a vast majority of people that hate Vista and are a little timid about trying Windows 7 because they hate Vista, so why not pull off one of the best marketing moves possible to essentially force Windows 7 in your face.. ;)

Not to mention the other group of people that are just plain ignorant and haven't tried Vista because of whatever whoever told them.. Microsoft (like any company) knows if you offer something that usually costs $400 (for example) for free or extremely discounted even the ignorant crowd will at the very least show some interest.. ;) People love free sh!t.. :)

I know what you saying but I don't think it would have worked out very well that way.. ;) Windows 7 is it's own great OS.. Much more worthy of being dubbed a whole OS rather then just a mere service pack.. ;)

It is ALL about Marketing

I think it's more of a marketing gimmick really.. ;)

While Microsoft's product development department is something to be absolutely ashamed of; they definitely have a "top shelf" marketing dept. .......possibly the sharpest marketing dept. of any corporation in the world. Marketing savvy is the only thing that has gotten them where they are right now.

While Microsoft's ..... Marketing savvy is the only thing that has gotten them where they are right now.

I disagree....

Microsoft is the masters of "assimilation", starting with the
first and most popular multi-tasking program called Desqview. Then Windows went on to make "road-kill" out of Netscape, Eudora, Word Perfect, Lotus 123, Winamp (and at least a half other programs that Media Player ran over.)

The last couple releases have included features like Windows Defender that is
on the way to knocking out Ad-aware and other malware/spyware programs, the ISO burning option and option to burn music in Media Player knocks out Roxio, Nero and other media burning programs, and the System Image feature knocks out all but two backup programs (that clone a bootable backup.) You can also drag and drop files from your hard drive to an ftp site... so you don't need Ftp programs. Compression programs for .zip are no longer required. Bitlocker encrypts your data, putting third party encryption programs out of business.

There are only a few programs that Windows have not conquered. Norton. Panda and other AV programs have escaped - so far. Arj file compression is still alive. And Windows still can't read .pdf files. (BEWARE of Adobe pdf reader, it forces McAfee on your system without your permission.) And of course Google is not rolling over. So what will Microsoft to about Twitter? It's valued at one BILLION dollars.

I disagree....

Microsoft is the masters of "assimilation", starting with the
first and most popular multi-tasking program called Desqview. Then Windows went on to make "road-kill" out of Netscape, Eudora, Word Perfect, Lotus 123, Winamp (and at least a half other programs that Media Player ran over.)

The last couple releases have included features like Windows Defender that is
on the way to knocking out Ad-aware and other malware/spyware programs, the ISO burning option and option to burn music in Media Player knocks out Roxio, Nero and other media burning programs, and the System Image feature knocks out all but two backup programs (that clone a bootable backup.) You can also drag and drop files from your hard drive to an ftp site... so you don't need Ftp programs. Compression programs for .zip are no longer required. Bitlocker encrypts your data, putting third party encryption programs out of business.

There are only a few programs that Windows have not conquered. Norton. Panda and other AV programs have escaped - so far. Arj file compression is still alive. And Windows still can't read .pdf files. (BEWARE of Adobe pdf reader, it forces McAfee on your system without your permission.) And of course Google is not rolling over. So what will Microsoft to about Twitter? It's valued at one BILLION dollars.

Are all these points that you make here not marketing strategy? They have not done this with superior programming, they have done this with marketing savvy. Microsoft did not develop most of the applications that you speak of, they either bought or stole them.

I beg to differ on the Winamp remark.. Winamp is still used by millions of people.. ;) I prefer Winamp over any other media player for all my music needs.. WMP sucks for music... ;)

Are all these points that you make here not marketing strategy? They have not done this with superior programming, they have done this with marketing savvy. Microsoft did not develop most of the applications that you speak of, they either bought or stole them.

No matter where they came from....

Marketing can't "market" without something to hype.

Would you buy Windows 7 if marketing just said.... "Buy Windows 7, it's just like Vista but with pretty-er icons!"

They would only sell one copy.

Back
Top Bottom