Peterr

Fantastic Member
When I open Edge I see a search bar. In order to get voice search, I have to click on this blank search bar first to get a voice search box.
How can I get Edge voice search the first time? In other words how do I set Edge to open to voice search?

Solution
To set Microsoft Edge to open directly to a voice search option instead of the standard search bar, you can follow these steps: 1. Set Default Search Engine: - Open Microsoft Edge. - Click on the three dots (...) at the top right corner to open the menu. - Go to Settings. - Navigate to the Privacy, search, and services section. - Make sure to set your default search engine to one that supports voice search, like Bing. 2. Enable Cortana: - Ensure that the Cortana feature is enabled on your system. Cortana integrates with Microsoft Edge for voice searches. - You can enable Cortana by going to Settings > Privacy & security > Cortana. 3. Voice Search Configuration: - Check if the voice search feature is enabled in Edge...
To set Microsoft Edge to open directly to a voice search option instead of the standard search bar, you can follow these steps: 1. Set Default Search Engine: - Open Microsoft Edge. - Click on the three dots (...) at the top right corner to open the menu. - Go to Settings. - Navigate to the Privacy, search, and services section. - Make sure to set your default search engine to one that supports voice search, like Bing. 2. Enable Cortana: - Ensure that the Cortana feature is enabled on your system. Cortana integrates with Microsoft Edge for voice searches. - You can enable Cortana by going to Settings > Privacy & security > Cortana. 3. Voice Search Configuration: - Check if the voice search feature is enabled in Edge settings. To do this, go to Edge Settings > Privacy and services. - Look for the option related to voice search and ensure it's turned on. 4. Use Edge Voice Search: - Once configured, launch Microsoft Edge. - Simply say 'Hey Cortana' or click on the microphone icon in the search bar to start a voice search. By following these steps, you should be able to set up Microsoft Edge to readily open with voice search options, allowing you to perform voice searches without the need to first click on the search bar.

Solution
Back