Edge vs chrome for these sites

anotherwindowsuser

Hi

I have access to the edge and chrome browser
S on Windows ten via the cloud.

I use chrome to open up Google maps, which is sluggish on chrome
And several other sites plus pdf files. I wonder am I better off using two browsers separately or just one and is Edge going to be faster with maps on bing rathe than Google maps and vice versa? Thanks in advance.

Which Edge are you referring to.....as there are 2 different ones. The standard Edge which replaced IE and the New Edge Chromium.

Legacy Edge will be end of life in March 2021, so it's a good idea to install the Chromium based Edge.
Both Edge (new) and Google Chrome are built from the same code project (Chromium).

Chrome and Edge are pretty close in terms of performance with Edge having a bit smaller memory footprint.

Legacy Edge will be end of life in March 2021, so it's a good idea to install the Chromium based Edge.
Both Edge (new) and Google Chrome are built from the same code project (Chromium).

Chrome and Edge are pretty close in terms of performance with Edge having a bit smaller memory footprint.
Thanks for your response.

Thats strange that they are the same project from competing companies.

Well google maps is a killer on performance, is there a way to test how fast various different mapping websites work?

edge and chrome are basically the same code under the hood so there should not be any difference

While Chrome and Edge use the same base code, they are not quite the same. Both Microsoft and Google make heavy modifications to their browsers in favor of their respective services. Chromium being open source is good for everyone as it allows multiple people and companies to contribute to the project including security fixes. No one really makes money off of browsers and Microsoft made the move to reduce overhead on their developers. Why buy a browser from scratch when there is a freely available code base.

Back
Top Bottom