Windows Vista erro code 80070490

kevinina

My computer has stopped auto updating and I am unable to use the windows update. When I attept to use it i get an error message which says

"Windows could not search for new updates. Error(s) found Code 80070490"

- when you go to the help screen this code is not mentioned at all. The auto update feature worked fine before I hadd to reinstall Vista when my sound card and modem drivers decided to disappear.

Do any of you know any ways round this - I am not (hopefully) going to have to reinstall it allagain

I am really regretting downgrading to Vista as it is a total waste of space and time

fix

Just restart your computer withwindows cd and choose repair, upgrade,but not reinstall...
My computer has stopped auto updating and I am unable to use the windows update. When I attept to use it i get an error message which says

"Windows could not search for new updates. Error(s) found Code 80070490"

- when you go to the help screen this code is not mentioned at all. The auto update feature worked fine before I hadd to reinstall Vista when my sound card and modem drivers decided to disappear.

Do any of you know any ways round this - I am not (hopefully) going to have to reinstall it allagain

I am really regretting downgrading to Vista as it is a total waste of space and time[/QU

Back