Windows Vista error 1327 invalid drive image p:\

matrixscaz

HI all great forum

I Have vista ultimate Build 6000 rtm and when i attempt to install programs i get the error message "error 1327 invalid path p:\ i have removed the mapped drive of p:\

But still no joy any ideas plz.....;)

Installtion guide lines...

Hi,

I have windows vista package with me but I did not see any Setup.exe file in that package.
Generally all windows OS will come with Setup file. I am wondered whether there is any other way to start installing the Window Vista OS. I would appreciate if any of you could reply with the installtion procedure.
My laptop has 1GB RAM, 100GB hard Disk, 128MB Memory card and 2GHZ processor speed. I think this configuration would do for installing Windows Vista.

Thanks in advance
Anil

It would seem that when you go into the elevated security mode during installation, all your shares are lost! The reason being that you are now “Administratorâ€ÂÂ￾ and the shares are user specific. Makes sense in theory but is mucho annoying in practice.

So here's how you solve it:
1. Disconnect the previously mapped network drive from Windows Explorer.
2. Right click on Command Prompt in the Start Menu and selected Run As Administrator.
3. Typ "Net Use y: \\servername\sharename"
4. Exit out of the command prompt
5. Open Windows Explorer
6. Click 'Map network drive' menu item
7. Select the y: drive and typed \\servername\sharename into the Folder box.

Not very intuitive, but it works!

EASIER WAY: If you already have a mapped network drive, just do steps 2-4 and it should work...essentially you map it once for the user, once for the administrator. (can't we all just share stuff and get along?)

Brilliant - life saver!
NTi didn't know this, nor did installshield....

It would seem that when you go into the elevated security mode during installation, all your shares are lost! The reason being that you are now “Administratorâ€ÂÂ￾ and the shares are user specific. Makes sense in theory but is mucho annoying in practice.

So here's how you solve it:
1. Disconnect the previously mapped network drive from Windows Explorer.
2. Right click on Command Prompt in the Start Menu and selected Run As Administrator.
3. Typ "Net Use y: \servernamesharename"
4. Exit out of the command prompt
5. Open Windows Explorer
6. Click 'Map network drive' menu item
7. Select the y: drive and typed \servernamesharename into the Folder box.

Not very intuitive, but it works!

EASIER WAY: If you already have a mapped network drive, just do steps 2-4 and it should work...essentially you map it once for the user, once for the administrator. (can't we all just share stuff and get along?)

What a brilliant reply! Shame we can't put a name to it..

Giving credit where it is due...Guest's post also appears on Acrobat User Community Forums / Error 1327 invalid drive P and was posted by Starlionblue.

The same thread has a reply by eyeluvqueen that recommends editing the registry.

I found the solution a bit difficult to work with so I did a search for all registry keys beginning with Y:\ (my mapped network drive) and then replacing with the actual network drive path, such as \\networkdrive\My Pictures.

From what I can see from other forusm etc, the problem is an issue with mapped drives under user accounts vs. admin accounts used to install programs. Mapped drives under user accounts are not set as global values - they just apply to the user who creates them.

I did this and I was eliminated the problem I was having.

Just as an extra to this thread i thought i would add my suggestion as i recently had this problem and found the root cause to be the admin account on the local machine was locked out so might be worth a quick check first before performing any other steps like trying to edit the registry as i have seen mentioned.
Since you elevate to admin when you try to install and the account is locked, access to mapped drives will not be available as you cannot authenticate, throwing the same message up.

I have this same problem (drive G:\) though I don't have a G mapped anywhere on Vista Home. Any suggestions?

Have you tried using 'computer mangement' to rename the partition/drive?

Back