Windows 8 Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid.

stefanfa

When trying to install the Fingerprint Reader software in Windows 8 i get the following error.

Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid.

This is the file I'm trying to install:
http://www.validityinc.com/uploads/hp/bnb/WBF/Windows_WBF_Validity_FMA_Setup_4_5_105_1.zip

When i try to install this package on Windows 7 it's not an issue.

But in Windows 8 it simply doesn't install.

According to the software provider this is a package aimed at Windows 8 for drivers + auth software for the fingerprint reader i got in my machine.

Thankfull for any help possible.

You might try installing it in the Windows 7 compatibility mode.

Also, just in case, when you downloaded the zip, if you look at properties, does it have an unblock button? I don't think this effects many things, but just in case.

If not that, try running the install as Admin. Have you moved any of your system locations, like user files?

Thanks.

Sorry I forgot to mention that I've already tried out all what the windows 8 troubleshooting features has to offier.

That includes installing as Windows 7 / Vista / XP modes and running as administrator.

No unblock/unlock buttons either (this is normally found in Windows Server).

Sadly this didn't help me at all.

I've tried googling some and I've found some information that makes me believe that this might have something to do with missing Windows Installer components or alternative versions.

Haven't found any that are compatible with Windows 8 other than the one already included in it.

Any other suggestions ? =)

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom