Windows Vista Error Code 80070103

XxTripleBeamxX

I'm running Vista Ultimate RC1 on my pc and just purchased the Xbox Live
web camera for my Xbox 360 and I can also use it on my pc however I can't get the necessary hardware to install for it using Windows Update or device
manager. This is the code I get when using Windows Update 80070103. Can
somebody help?

Thats odd.

error code means.

Windows has determined that the selected driver is not the best driver for your machine.

Edit- Sorry for the short post as i was posting my ride came to pick me up for school!

but, try calling microsoft support I highly doubt that there arent any drivers for vista. My guess that the software was built right into xp, is this a 64 or 32 bit vista?

It's the 32 bit Vista. I know that the USb ports work on my pc due to using our digital camera on them and we have no problem. When I plug the Xbox 360 Vision Camera into a USB port on my pc the device manager runs and does all of the driver stuff and clears everything listed but when I go to Windows Update it says that there is a Peripheral update specifically for the Xbox 360 camera. This is the update thats popping up the error code. Right now I am unable to use the vision camera and I'm thinking I won't be able to until I get this update on my pc.

Having the same problem here. Make sure you post if you find a way to fix it.

Yes I'm having the same problem as well. I'm trying to install a new ideo card but it says that an error was found and the code was 80070103. PLease post if you find an answer to resolving this error.

I have the same code and Z was just performing a windows update for a HP 2550LS printer. Very strange. It must be a USB driver problem.

If you get this error code, I would contact the manufacturers website to see if there's a driver update. If your still getting the error message just right-click it and choose to hide it.

I am getting the same error message, but my computer is trying to update Windows Media Player. I only was going to use the update because Windows Media Player wasn't working and my iTunes isn't working either. Can anyone help?

This is all I could find.

Windows Update error 80070103

gl_icon_tip.png
Applies to all editions of Windows Vista.
Which edition of Windows Vista am I using?
If you receive Windows Update error 80070103 while installing updates, you might be trying to install a driver that is already installed on your computer or a driver that has a lower compatibility rating than one you already have installed. To find more information or to get help, try these options:
• If you want to install the latest driver for a specific device, program, or game, try manually updating the driver instead of using Windows Update. For more information, see Repair or update a driver.
•Go to the Discussions in Windows Update website to see if someone else has found a solution or to request help from other Windows users.
•Go to the Windows Update Support Center website to try to find more information about the error code or to request support by e‑mail.
•To hide the update so it is not offered again, click the plus sign (+) under the title of the update, and then select the Don't show this update again check box.
Help and Support search term: WindowsUpdate_80070103

Hope this helps

Clean Boot
I would suggest you to restart the computer in
clean boot mode to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” to return the computer to a
Normal startup mode.
If you are still facing the issue, visit theis website
How to fix Windows update error code 80070103 - Error Solutions

Back
Top Bottom