Windows 7 Evaluation copy Windows 7 Home Premium will expire in 14 days!

Rob1706

Hi,

I have Windows 7 Home Premium legal version installed on my pc. I just seen a message popping up stating that Evaluation copy build 7601 will expire in 14 days.
Some time ago I had a hdd crash and had to install new hdd. Original Windows 7 could not be installed due to hardware change and I contacted Microsoft Thailand on June 7 whom connected me to Singapore/HongKong?
The helpdesk had me check product key with slui.exe 4 and I had to give all numbers. She than gave me new numbers to put in A to G boxes and Windows 7 could be installed and is working fine since.
Do I have to contact helpdesk again to get new numbers or what is really the problem? I do not like my computer to be unavailable as it is my link to the world here in Thailand.
Thanks for any advice about this possible problem.

Robert

Hi,

I have Windows 7 Home Premium legal version installed on my pc. I just seen a message popping up stating that Evaluation copy build 7601 will expire in 14 days.
Some time ago I had a hdd crash and had to install new hdd. Original Windows 7 could not be installed due to hardware change and I contacted Microsoft Thailand on June 7 whom connected me to Singapore/HongKong?
The helpdesk had me check product key with slui.exe 4 and I had to give all numbers. She than gave me new numbers to put in A to G boxes and Windows 7 could be installed and is working fine since.
Do I have to contact helpdesk again to get new numbers or what is really the problem? I do not like my computer to be unavailable as it is my link to the world here in Thailand.
Thanks for any advice about this possible problem.

Robert

Yes contact the helpdesk they'll have you activated in no time.

The OP is running RTM and your other link is for vista. I know you only want to help but please read the OPs post properly before posting.

Last edited:
Randy I'd have never have thought about it actually being a pre release service pack. Shall add it to my arsenal of things to check when not activating. :)

Randy I'd have never have thought about it actually being a pre release service pack. Shall add it to my arsenal of things to check when not activating. :)
Just another shot in the dark, but the expiration date would fit the issue that's why I took a guess. We'll have to wait for the OP to see if I was even in the ball park.

Just wondering if you fixed the problem? Mine is set to expire in about 17 hours and would really like to know how to fix it! Thanks!

How to Uninstall Windows 7 Service Pack 1

How to Uninstall Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Public Beta

As the evaluation time bomb for what was the Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Public Beta suddenly draws near, we have received at least a few indications from members that they are encountering this problem of an expiring copy of Windows. This is normal, because Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Public Beta was just that: a test version of the final service pack. Unfortunately, inexperienced individuals and corporations appear to have, in some cases, installed and distributed Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Public Beta as though it was the final copy. These individuals and organizations were very likely unaware that the software contained an expiry, having not read the End-User License Agreement for the Public Beta.

Here is how you can go about uninstalling Windows 7 Service Pack 1 , whether it is the pre-release public beta version, or the final version:

• Temporarily disable all programs, especially anti-virus, firewall and any system integrated applications.
  • Navigate to Start -> Search -> "Programs and Features"
  • Find "Service Pack for Microsoft Windows" and double-click.
  • Uninstall "Windows 7 Service Pack 1" by following the on-screen prompts.
  • Check for and remove (if present): uninstall-windows-7-sp1.jpg
Please note:

If you installed SP1 yourself, you can uninstall it. However, if your computer came with SP1 already installed, it can't be uninstalled. - Microsoft Corporation

It is then recommended that, after assuring all files have been removed successfully and that your system is stabilized, that you install the Link Removed - Invalid URL. To speed up the installation process, it is highly recommended that you use Windows Update if you are only updating one system: the download is traditionally smaller and this is regarded as best practice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: How to Uninstall Windows 7 Service Pack 1

I am almost certain I downloaded the Service Pack directly from Microsoft as I almost never download anything from other than the source and I avoid beta or release candidates on anything other than a test machine, yet I am experiencing the above problem.
Crossing my fingers that it works as I have about 3 hours left.

Re: How to Uninstall Windows 7 Service Pack 1

Any luck on this?

Back