Windows 7 Event ID 11 Wininit

Joe S

Excellent Member
I got this last night and haven't found anything searching.
In event viewer I have" Event ID 11 Wininit "
and the following:

"Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications"
Earlier I had installed a new version of VMworkstation and fiddled around in services so I didn't get a lot of unneeded atuff starting on boot .
Any clues? I'm running Avast 4.8, Spy Sweeper 6.1.0 (build 145) and Comodo firewall 3.14. I occasionally run MBAM free. There doesn't appear to be any problems that I've noticed. I did have this on RC and never found an answer.
Joe

I got this last night and haven't found anything searching.
In event viewer I have" Event ID 11 Wininit "
and the following:

"Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications"
Earlier I had installed a new version of VMworkstation and fiddled around in services so I didn't get a lot of unneeded atuff starting on boot .
Any clues? I'm running Avast 4.8, Spy Sweeper 6.1.0 (build 145) and Comodo firewall 3.14. I occasionally run MBAM free. There doesn't appear to be any problems that I've noticed. I did have this on RC and never found an answer.
Joe
Joe:
Take a look in the event viewer at that specific event in the details section, down near the bottom, is there a line that looks like a path string, it should contain some information as to an application and it's location that might be causing this.

I'll attach a snip of the screen in event log. It's nothing helpful to me.
Thanks
Joe

I cut the end off the first one and didn't notice until I posted. I don't see any to delete it either.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    47.7 KB · Views: 4,088
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    47.3 KB · Views: 4,293
Last edited:
I'll attach a snip of the screen in event log. It's nothing helpful to me.
Thanks
Joe

I cut the end off the first one and didn't notice until I posted. I don't see any to delete it either.
guard64.dll ? Comodo? think that might be the issue?

I searched and found the dll and it is from Comodo. It has been installed since I installed windows 7 in Nov. This fault didn't show up until Sat. should I uninstall and reinstall and see if it is corrupt? I only use the firewall in Comodo not HIPS or antivirus.
Joe

I searched and found the dll and it is from Comodo. It has been installed since I installed windows 7 in Nov. This fault didn't show up until Sat. should I uninstall and reinstall and see if it is corrupt? I only use the firewall in Comodo not HIPS or antivirus.
Joe
You could try an uninstall and then check to see if it took that .dll with it. If not delete it yourself, reboot a few times and see if the event viewer message goes away, before you reinstall. It's probably a recent software update or install that caused the problem and not necessarily comodo itself, just a conflict with something that got updated recently. If everything clears up, the reinstall and watch the event viewer. Keep us posted.

Thanks I'll try that this weekend when I have more time. I was wondering about some update too. So many things update constantly AV MS Antispyware Comodo then things you manually update. There aren't a lot of 64 bit firewalls to pick from. I didn't have good luck with PC Tools had some networking problems.
Joe

Thanks I'll try that this weekend when I have more time. I was wondering about some update too. So many things update constantly AV MS Antispyware Comodo then things you manually update. There aren't a lot of 64 bit firewalls to pick from. I didn't have good luck with PC Tools had some networking problems.
Joe
Sorry I can't be more help in that department, I'm one of the guys (evidently one of the few) who uses the built in Windows 7 firewall product, I spent a lot of time supporting their ISA (Internet Security and Acceleration) server product and am quite comfortable configuring my own inbound and outbound rules to tweak the firewall the way I want it. I also use only Microsoft Security Essentials for my day to day AV and Antimalware solution. I figure, it's their OS, who better to provide security solutions to protect it. I know a lot of people on this forum and else where seem to like the OS but prefer third party solutions for their other needs and I can perfectly understand and respect their independent choices. So I enjoy spending my spare time, earning a respectable amount of cash to supplement my retirement, cleaning up their systems after something gets by their choosen product.

iIve uninstalled Comodo and Avast both in safe mode. The guard64.dll error keeps showing up but the file is not there. It is a bit frustrating. Any chance it might have something to do with VMware Workstation? I disabled that on startup but it didn't change. This error showed up about the time I upgraded. Maybe I'll try uninstalling that and see if it helps. It almost acts like the guard64.dll is copied someplace that doesn't show up on the lame windows search.
Joe

I've spent a lot of time looking but haven't found a solution. What I think Comodo uses the Kapersky engine and that has caused problems in the past. I also think that Comodo stops internet access and processes until it has fully loaded loaded then frees them. There doesn't seem to be any system problems at present. Comodo frequently updates so it may have started before I actually noticed it. Since nothing doesn't appear broken I won't try and fix it!
Joe

Hi, I am having this same issue in Event Viewer, I use the Windows Firewall so I know it is not related to anything like that. I have no file linked to this error, I have read the details section and there is no information at all, has anyone come up with a solution for this.

I noticed that about a week ago when this problem started that cmd.exe keeps popping up in my processes and upon booting my laptop sometimes it freezes and my mouse pointer skips and freezes also causing me to have to reboot, please if anyone knows what is causing let me know, thanks

Check post #10 that's what I finally figured out. Yours sounds different. What kind of antivirus and spyware are you using?
Joe

Hi, I am using Avira Personal Anti-Virus and just have the Windows Defender and SpywareBlaster, the only Comodo software I have installed is Comodo System Cleaner I also use the Windows Firewall, thanks

I would suspect the Avira or SpywareBlaster. cmd.exe is command prompt some times you see it flash on and off screen when installing or updating software. It will be a small black box that comes and goes before you can even see what is says. If you uninstall either check the manufacturer's web site and see of there is a removal tool. You might want to do a search and see if either use the Kapersky engine they license it to other software makers and it has caused problems. Another good free antivirus is Avast avast! - Download Free Antivirus Software or Internet Security
Joe

Anyone have any idea if mine is blank for the data name?

I use the built in windows firewall and MS Security Essentials

Code:
Log Name:      System
Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Wininit
Date:          10/3/2010 7:25:39 AM
Event ID:      11
Task Category: None
Level:         Warning
Keywords:      
User:          SYSTEM
Computer:      Bubs
Description:
Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Wininit" Guid="{206F6DEA-D3C5-4D10-BC72-989F03C8B84B}" />
    <EventID>11</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>3</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x4000000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-10-03T11:25:39.835718200Z" />
    <EventRecordID>64608</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="492" ThreadID="520" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>Bubs</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data Name="StringCount">0</Data>
    <Data Name="String">    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

I'm just guessing but I think it is probably the windows firewall or MSE. Have you ever had any other AV or firewall loaded on it? I think basically every thing is blocked until the firewall is running then numerous applications launch at once.
Joe

Definitely no other firewall program

I think I installed AVG at one point just to double check MSE (after uninstalling MSE of course) and then went back to MSE

Do people with a clean never used 3rd party programs have this warning when using MSE too?

I use Comodo fire wall and Avast. In my events it shows Guard64.dll and I found that belongs to Comodo. It doesn't appear to cause any problems. I've never tried MSE.
Joe

I'm just talking a fresh install of win7 with only MSE. It's only concerning to me because everyone else has some dll (based on the AV they use) in that field while mine is blank

<Data Name="String"> </Data>

Back