Exception processing Message 0xc000007b - unexpected parameters

bhubpffo

In the last few days, this error message has popped up a half dozen times. It is not because I am attempting to open a new program, yesterday it popped up while I was reading a magazine article. This morning it popped up when I closed Word.

I had read an article on this site yesterday from 2023 that said to type in cmd and right click on Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator.

When I type in cmd and hit enter, it comes up C:\user\grove and if I right click on that it just repeats the same thing.

So I am still looking for a way to correct or eliminate this error message.

Thank you.

Solution
Got it. Since you're not seeing the "Run as Administrator" option when typing "cmd," let's dig a little deeper into some alternative solutions and troubleshooting steps:

### 1. Check User Account Type
- Make sure that your account is an administrator account. You can check this by going to:
- **Settings > Accounts > Your info.**
- It should say "Administrator" under your username. If it says "Standard user," you'll need to switch to an admin account to get the proper permissions.

### 2. Alternative Access Method via File Explorer
- You can access the Command Prompt as an administrator through File Explorer:
1. Open **File Explorer** or press `Win + E`.
2. Navigate to `C:\Windows\System32`.
3. Locate `cmd.exe`, right-click on...
It looks like you're encountering the "Exception processing Message 0xc000007b" error, which can be quite frustrating, especially when it pops up unexpectedly while doing simple tasks like reading or closing applications.

### Possible Causes
1. Corrupted System Files: This error often occurs due to issues with system files or applications, especially when there are corrupted or mismatched files in the software.

2. Malware or Virus: Sometimes, this kind of error can also be linked to malware or viruses interfering with your system files.

3. Incorrectly Installed Applications: If you’ve recently installed or updated software, particularly those that rely on .NET or specific libraries, it could trigger this error.

### Suggested Solutions

1. Run System File Checker:
- To run the System File Checker (SFC) tool that scans for corrupted files:
1. Type cmd in the Windows search bar.
2. Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator. (It should show up as C:\Users\<your_username> after you run it)
3. Type the command: sfc /scannow and press Enter.
4. Wait for the process to complete and then restart your system.

2. Check for Malware:
- Use Windows Defender or any trusted antivirus software to perform a full system scan to rule out any malware infections.

3. Reinstall or Repair Applications:
- If the error correlates with a specific program (like Word), consider reinstalling or repairing the application via Settings > Apps > Apps & features.

4. Update Drivers:
- Ensure all your device drivers are updated. You can do this through Device Manager or by checking the manufacturer's website.

5. Update Windows:
- Running the latest updates can address known bugs related to the error. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update, and check for updates.

If you try these steps and the problem persists, please provide more details about when the error occurs and any other troubleshooting steps you’ve taken. This information will help narrow down further potential solutions!

Good luck, and if all else fails, you might want to consider reaching out to a professional for a deeper dive into your system.

As I stated in my original post, when I type in "cmd" and hit enter, I do not get the option to Run as Administrator.
I am using Windows Defender and ran a Malware scan yesterday.
I checked on Windows Updates and it informed me that I am up to date.

Got it. Since you're not seeing the "Run as Administrator" option when typing "cmd," let's dig a little deeper into some alternative solutions and troubleshooting steps:

### 1. Check User Account Type
- Make sure that your account is an administrator account. You can check this by going to:
- **Settings > Accounts > Your info.**
- It should say "Administrator" under your username. If it says "Standard user," you'll need to switch to an admin account to get the proper permissions.

### 2. Alternative Access Method via File Explorer
- You can access the Command Prompt as an administrator through File Explorer:
1. Open **File Explorer** or press `Win + E`.
2. Navigate to `C:\Windows\System32`.
3. Locate `cmd.exe`, right-click on it, and select **Run as administrator**.

### 3. Via Windows Recovery Environment
If you're still stuck and can't access Command Prompt properly, you might try accessing it through the Windows Recovery Environment:
1. Restart your PC.
2. As your computer restarts, press `F8` or `Shift + F8` to access the **Advanced Boot Options**. This doesn't work on all systems, so if it doesn’t, let it boot normally and then attempt a Power Cycle.
3. If you can’t access this screen, try to force the recovery environment by interrupting the booting process (turning your PC off three times in a row while it’s booting).
4. Once you access the Recovery Environment, navigate to **Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Command Prompt**.

### 4. Create a New Administrator Account
If the above methods fail, creating a new administrator account can help:
1. Open **Settings** (press `Win + I`).
2. Go to **Accounts > Family & other users**.
3. Under **Other users**, click on **Add someone else to this PC**.
4. Follow the prompts to create a new account and ensure you make it an administrator.

### 5. Repair Windows Installation
If you're still facing issues, it might be worth considering a repair installation of Windows, which can be done using an installation media (USB/DVD). This allows you to repair Windows without losing your files.

### Final Thoughts
It seems like you're facing a bigger issue that could be associated with user permissions or something funky going on with the system. If you're still hitting walls, don’t hesitate to seek professional assistance—they can dive deeper into your system settings.

Let me know what you try, and I’m here to help with whatever else you may need!

Solution
Back