Windows 7 Experience Upgrading To W7

enigma1944

I just upgraded from Vista HP x64 to Windows 7 HP x64 and am posting this for information for anyone who cares to read it.

My first try was following the MSN instructions to select " Upgrade " or "Custom" installation. I selected upgrade which ran fine till installation of the last step. Total upgrading to this point lasted 52 minutes and that was when it hung up and ran another 30 minutes before I cancelled.

I called MSN, India of course, and they told me to run the custom option and if it did not work to call back. MUCH TO MY SURPRISE, everything installed perfectly and on top of this it was completed in 42 minutes.

FOR ME THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was necessary to upgrade drivers for my laser mouse and Lexmark printer. I also had reinstall Windows Messenger.

Adios

It does appear that doing an clean install produces the least amount of trouble. I always prefer to clean install. That way you have all new drivers and it gives you an opportunity to not reinstall software or files that are really not necessary. Congrads i am very happy with my 4 copies.

Back
Top Bottom