Windows 7 Experiencing lag in Windows 7 build 7600 (RTM)

toaderina107

Hey all, I have the Windows 7 RTM 64 bit Enterprise Edition installed on a separate partition of my hard drive, with Vista 64bit on another. I notice that occasionally windows 7 lags for me in places that Vista does not, and it has been discouraging me from running windows7 because Vista just runs better. I mainly notice the lag when typing and using the mouse to click things. There is often a slight delay before the computer responds to my click/keystroke. This mainly happens in google chrome while browsing the internet, but it has also happened to me in microsoft word 2007 and at the log in screen for windows 7 (where I type my password). I really like windows 7, but if this cannot be fixed, I would consider not buying when it comes out, becuase I have no issues with vista.

Here are my specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 RTM / OEM / Retail (Final)
Computer Type: HP Pavilion Elite m9250f
Processor: Intel Core2Quad @ 2.66Ghz
Motherboard: Asus IPIBL-LB
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8600GT 512 MB
Memory: 4GB
Hard Drive: 1 TB(2 x 500) SATA 3G @ 7200rpm
Network Adapter: Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)
Monitor: HP w1907
Optical Drives: 16X DVD(+/-)R/RW 12X RAM (+/-)R DL LightScribe SATA drive
Onboard Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio
Mouse & Keyboard: HP wireless keyboard & mouse

I have updated my video card to the latest Nvidia driver on their website, and that hasnt seemed to fix anything. If anyone has any suggestions for drivers I should look into, or solutions to this problem please let me know. Any help is appreciated.

Did you check manufacturer's site for the mouse and keyboard for drivers? Sometimes the manufacturer has newer drivers than MS update.
Joe

Yes, I have checked hp's website for drivers for my keyboard and mouse. They tell me that downloads for this product are not available through this website, and to contact my local hp representative for assistance.

(HP Wireless Keyboard and Mouse -  Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center)

Any idea where I can find the drivers?

Also, I think you are correct in assuming the lag problem is coming from my keyboard and mouse, because there are a few features of the multimedia keyboard that don't work in win7 but do work in vista that i just remembered. There are some multimedia buttons on the side that open disk drives, the volume buttons used to display onscreen indicators when the volume was changed.

Do some searching here I think some others may have had problems with multimedia keyboards. I stayed with wired on my HP last fall when I got it.
Joe

Back