Windows 7 So I have Windows 7 Build 7600 Do I need to upgrade?

Kylethedarkn

Yeah, I currently have Windows 7 Build 7600, so is there any difference between this one and the final released version of Windows 7. I know this one expires early next year, but other than that is there a difference?

Ah, Thank you a lot for clearing that up. And here I was thinking I would have to go through another backup and install. :p

"Kyle even said it expires."
Yes, REghakr, I picked up on that and wondered where the information came from. I wonder if, in fact, he has the 7100 as Kyle suggested?
But Kyle is correct. The RTM is final. There may, as there will be for it's entire life, updates of course. I have received 3 since it's release. (Mine is a TEchnet) . I think the issue here is from where the OP may have obtained the version. Before it's legal release, there were some hashed up versions running around. Some were genuine pirated copies from inner sources, but the majority were hashed up and faulty (Hence a large number of the "help me"posts on sites such as this!). Perhaps that is what you intended to infer.
But think on it. Your remark is totally incorrect, "Build 7600 is still a beta, the final RTM will be a polished version."
If that is so, then there are going to be several million law suits shortly in progress from retailers/manufacturers, who have already installed ready for the big day!
Back to the OP. This is what he should be seeing. His problem could be how it has been activated?

View attachment 2388

Yeah, I currently have Windows 7 Build 7600, so is there any difference between this one and the final released version of Windows 7. I know this one expires early next year, but other than that is there a difference?

You have the final

Build 7600 IS the final... when you run winver

it will say it expires within 30 days( unless you got a valid keycode or found a work-around.)

7100 (RC) will not expire till March next year.

7100 (beta) RC expires & 7600 (non-beta) RTM does not, which we pretty much all know so
Drew

7600 DOES expire .... you get 30 days grace and can use rearm to extend it 30 more days... three times... but after 4 months total, if you haven't gotten a keycode and activated it.... it's DEAD.

I think we are all aware of that, even possibly the OP. I did mention it at the end of my post. Nearly all Microsoft products will "expire" (or become invalid) if not activated. I don´t think that is the main issue in this thread.

Build 7600 was compiled twice with the build strings:
7600.16384.090710-1945 and
7600.16385.090713-1255
with 7600.16385.090713-1255 being the gold code, RTM, final, retail, what ever you want to call it. Assuming this is the build you are using, which unless you have followed the whole build process, Im sure you will have. You will not need to upgrade. I assure you Microsoft will not change the code for retail. Infact, the disks will have been stamped and probably in the process of being shipped to your local store.

If you have have this build, and you have it legitimately, you should have no problems with expiration as you should also have a product key.

Kyle,

Where or what is or has told you that the Build you are currently using expires "early next year"? Look forward to answers, clarifications to this along w/ items from previous questions I (& others) had.

Thanks.

Drew

Yes.. we should have told him to run WINVER and post a picture.

I do, indeed, have Build 7600.16385.1255(Checked the Registry Entry:7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255) it is activated/keyed. Which means I have the final version. :)

Also here is my Winver since you guys wanted to see it. :p

Good for you. I think you have all the answers you needed from your OP?

Excellent ! Now alll you need to do is get the updates, fix drivers, read administrator logs and tweak it for speed and back it up and install your software and set up email and tweak your browser .... you are almost half-way done!

I have about 100 speed and security tweeks posted in my blogs: Windows 7 Forums - tblount

Back
Top Bottom