Windows 7 Expiry Date - SIW or MS WINVER -- Who's correct.

jimbo45

Hi all
I have a little point of confusion with SIW and Winver for X-64 build 7077.

SIW reports expiry date as 6 June 2010
Winver reports expiration date as Mar 2nd 2010.
Who'se telling the truth and who'se the "Big fibber".
slmgr report as "Permanently activated" so that's no good as a 3rd check.

enc shots of SIW and winver.

I'm 100% confused now.

Whilst we will all probable be using RC before the expiry date anyway the actual date is now a moot point

but :

I was just curious as to where this information comes from -- I'm not interested in hacking the thing at all but it to me seems strange that an OS "control block" - or piece of data should yield 2 different results.

I'm surprised the "Mac Fanboys" haven't jumped on this yet -- run the same problem on Windows with the same data and get a different result each time".
biggrin.gif

Lucky the ATM doesn't variably display my balance according to the vagaries of the weather etc.

Cheers
jimbo

Hi all
I have a little point of confusion with SIW and Winver for X-64 build 7077.

SIW reports expiry date as 6 June 2010
Winver reports expiration date as Mar 2nd 2010.
Who'se telling the truth and who'se the "Big fibber".
slmgr report as "Permanently activated" so that's no good as a 3rd check.

enc shots of SIW and winver.

I'm 100% confused now.

Whilst we will all probable be using RC before the expiry date anyway the actual date is now a moot point

but :

I was just curious as to where this information comes from -- I'm not interested in hacking the thing at all but it to me seems strange that an OS "control block" - or piece of data should yield 2 different results.

I'm surprised the "Mac Fanboys" haven't jumped on this yet -- run the same problem on Windows with the same data and get a different result each time".
biggrin.gif

Lucky the ATM doesn't variably display my balance according to the vagaries of the weather etc.

Cheers
jimbo

I saw Cscript through elevated command prompt on slmgr settling the "dispute" bewteen Winver and SIW in SIW's favor:)

I get tyhe same in winver, expires on 3/1/1010

When I go to the command prompt and type in slmgr /dlv

It states 6/1/2010

I think I would trust that more than the others.

Back
Top Bottom