Windows 10 Extremely slow response when a web browser accesses the folder structure

amz

Often, when I do something that requires a program to access the folder structure, such as an "attach," the system responds incredibly slowly. It might take a minute or more, during which it shows as non-responding. This mainly occurs with several web browsers, including Edge and FF). My sense it has occurred with other programs, but I currently can’t be sure. But since it is more than one program, I would assume it is not a problem with the programs, but with Windows. It's not always that slow, but almost always it's not as "zippy" as it used to be. Otherwise, performance is not noticeably problematic. This started maybe six months ago.

Have you tried restarting explorer.exe? This can be done via Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc) by clicking "Windows Explorer" while having the File Explorer open and then clicking "Restart"

Try temporarily disabling your antivirus software to see if it is the culprit, if so then maybe a re-install of antivirus software is in order.

Back
Top Bottom