Windows 7 "Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes"

ren

heilo,

on 1/13/16 my windows 7 laptop tried to install 11 updates. the next time I booted up I got message "Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer". this happened 2 more times over the next day, and then the message stopped. looking in the update history it showed that 10 of the updates were a success, but 1 failed - security update for windows 7 for x64-based systems (kb3108664). the failed update logged error code 80071a2d. do I need to be concerned about this? any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks!

I just got the same problem only mine came up with 155 updates. I ;let mine run for a couple hours as I went off to do other things.
Still Reverting as I turned it on this morning. Is this laptop really dealing with a screw up? Am I going to have to start off at the beginning one more time?

It finally settled down after I took the battery out. I tell you, "computers must be the devils work". I said it and I am sticking to it.

It finally settled down after I took the battery out. I tell you, "computers must be the devils work". I said it and I am sticking to it.
:rofl:
images

I think your picture sums it up pretty good. Every time you get one step ahead, something happens and you get knocked back 2 or 3 steps. Some times it is Microsoft who is helping the devil.

Back