Windows 10 Fastest Way to Take a Non Full Screen Capture

I always feel like it's a good idea to continue to learn even if it's such a minor thing as taking a fast screen shot. The benefit of this method is it allows you to screen capture just what you need to and automatically adds it to the clipboard for pasting.

Simply press the key combo [Windows key + Shift + S] click and drag your mouse over the desired area and you're done.

Nice one! Needs just a tiny bit of practise to get it right. (And some flexible finger muscles !)

Windows built-in Snipping Tool is a good option to take care of basic screenshot taking needs. It might not be as fast as the above methods, but it offers more control.

Steps:

To launch Snipping Tool, type snipping tool in Windows search, or access it from the Start menu under the Windows Accessories folder.

Snipping tool offers 4 modes to capture screenshots. You can take region, free form, window, and fullscreen screenshots. Just press the New button to take the screenshot.

The screenshot will automatically open up in Snipping Tool interface and you can annotate it using basic pen and highlighter. Here, go to File > Save as to save the screenshot.

Takeaway
When you want to take a screenshot and annotate it as well, then Snipping Tool is a good built-in app.

Regards,
Adrian

Windows built-in Snipping Tool is a good option to take care of basic screenshot taking needs. It might not be as fast as the above methods, but it offers more control.

Regards,
Adrian
The snipping tool is becoming redundant shortly. It has been replaced by the snip and sketch tool, which has a couple of extra features. Best of these, is a new shortcut in the options. Set it up and, from then on, you only need to press the PrtScr key and you are ready, with a small window at the top of the screen for the usual choice of rectangle..etc

Yes you are absolutely right but will these screen capture methods works for virtual desktop also?

Regards,
Adrian

Thanks this is a lot easier to use than the whole picture editing section you need to show Thanks
Rapaaja

Steps:

To launch Snipping Tool, type snipping tool in Windows search, or access it from the Start menu under the Windows Accessories folder.

Snipping tool offers 4 modes to capture screenshots. You can take region, free form, window, and fullscreen screenshots. Just press the New button to take the screenshot.

The screenshot will automatically open up in Snipping Tool interface and you can annotate it using basic pen and highlighter. Here, go to File > Save as to save the screenshot.

Takeaway
When you want to take a screenshot and annotate it as well, then Snipping Tool is a good built-in app.

Regards,
Adrian
I always have the Snipping tool on my Taskbar. Very convenient.

I always have the Snipping tool on my Taskbar. Very convenient.

From my earlier post " the snip and sketch tool, which has a couple of extra features. Best of these, is a new shortcut in the options. Set it up and, from then on, you only need to press the PrtScr key and you are ready "

ALT + Print Screen button also does the current Window only, instead of full screen like Print Screen does.

Back