Windows 10 File Explorer: Removing my unwanted Quick Access Music folders

This Wreckage

For some reason, the Quick Access list of folders in File Explorer recently included an elastic list of folders from my Music library. If I remove one, it adds the next one in the alphabet. How do I remove all these Music folders from Explorer?

This is not an uncommon issue and can easily be resolved by following these steps:

1. **Hide Music Folders from Quick Access**:

- Open File Explorer.
- Go to the View tab at the top and click on the Options button located on the far right.
- Then click on Change folder and search options.
- A Folder Options box will pop up. Click on the Privacy section at the bottom.
- Here, you can uncheck the two boxes that dictate which folders are shown in Quick Access :
- "Show recently used files in Quick access”
- and "Show frequently used folders in Quick access.”

Click Apply and then OK. This should prevent these Music folders from appearing automatically.

If you indeed use Quick Access for other folders and want to keep that feature on, you can:

2. **Unpin the Music folders individually**:

- Find the Music folder in Quick Access, right-click on it and then select "Unpin from Quick Access".

Remember that the Quick Access panel customizes itself based on the folders you visit frequently by default. If you continue to access the Music library frequently, it can reappear in Quick Access. If you don't want this automated customization, just use the first step, and it will stop adding new folders to Quick Access.

Back
Top Bottom