Windows 10 File path to finding all installed software

Cmann

What is the file path to find all installed software in Windows 10? I’m using Autopsy forensic software for testing purposes

Portable apps won't have a lot of artifacts, but there is a list in the registry of the execution I don't recall the path off the top of my head and the structure can be a little difficult to dissect but you can look at some of Eric Zimmermans tools.

You can grab the prefetch cache for a quick idea of what has been executed lately.

"Installed" applications will usually be stored in subkeys located under one of two registry keys

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

32 bit applications on a 64-bit machine
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

There isn't any requirement for software to be in any given location. The most common would be in Program Files and Program Files (x86), but really any path specified in the PATH environment variable will likely have applications and even more beyond that.

Go to File Explorer: then to This PC, then to Local C: Find Programs file folder, Right Click and PIN it To STart menu and Quick Access Menu - This Version allows you to see the Programs the old way via a short cut

Back