Windows Vista Final SP1 version release date

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
TechArp has received confirmation that Vista SP1 will be released on the 4th of February, only 3days away..
It's being released in two waves, Wave 0: This will include English, French, German and Japanese languages.
Wave 1: This will be released 1-2 weeks later and will include 36 basic languages including Chinese.
Don't forget, those using a release candidate will have to un-install that copy before installing the final version.
For those that can, my advise is to do a clean install of Vista followed by the service pack, drivers and so on. This is the best way to apply any a service pack but perhaps more so with this one as the kernal gets rewritten although I must point out it's not critical to do it this way..

The TechArp web page can be seen here: Link Removed - Invalid URL

Wow, have just seen the link for the download... Much thanks to Bios..:)
I'm going to give it a go now.. Thanks guys!

Just to add that SP1 has been released today.... To manufacturers and OEMS only. Joe public will get their copy in March. Check out this blog for more info:
Link Removed - Invalid URL

It looks like our server is getting smashed with download requests... I can see why Microsoft is not ready to deploy this on their website. Hopefully this will not persist or I might have to talk to Mike about taking this down. OMG.

Really? Well I guess it's to be expected. Has anyone from MS said anything?

don't take it down if possible, at least till I have a chance to leech it. LOL

Thanks for making it available.

Guess it is down, all it does is redirect me. Oh well, guess I can understand.

Back
Top Bottom