Windows 7 Finally Finished !!!

03hdfatboy

Banned
I finally finished my PC :D

Link Removed due to 404 Error

If you want to see any more pictures you have to go to the "new case thread" :rolleyes:

Yippie, and congrats. I just finished mine off with an Nvidia 9500GT ( I did first try the ATI 4750, which under my constraints would not do crossfire ). I also added a new 550 watt gaming power supply from Best Buy. Now I also have added 4 gig's of ram and Vista 64bit. So, I am done for a while. Hope your as happy as I am!!!!!!

Congrats to all with new parts....:D

The upgrade path never ends.....:cool:

You are so right. It's everything that is new and bright and shinny, and we all want it. Anyway, just for grins what exactly is a gaming power supply? I have yet to figure out just what is meant by that terminology? And whats your take on say a 16gig thumb drive for Readyboost? My assumption would be it would do quite nicely, right?

Congrats to all with new parts....:D

The upgrade path never ends.....:cool:
Thanks and your right it never ends. But if you remember I've been fighting this system from the original build for over a year. :eek:
I' gone through a MSI, 2 Asus, Abit and now a DFI Motherboard. I've changed out the 2 500Gb to 2 1Tb hardrives. I've Changed both DVD/RW drives I've Changed RAM 3 times (u need any DDR2 8000? I got 4Gb) I've Changed Cases, Keyboard and mouse I've also changed CPU cooler but went back to the original. And now I've Changed the CPU so I guess the only thing original is the CPU cooler and..My desk LOL :D

DDR2 8000? Is that a typo? Very true on how long it took. But, it must be very satisfying that you are now finished. I have a very speedy machine now, so I am very happy. And I assume I have some power left over for the future. Though the power supply price still has me a little baffled. It was like somewhere around $100.00 which I intially thought was too much but, I am still very pleased with it. If the ram is actually DDR2 800, what do you want for it?

Yeah I looked at the page you left for me. Guess that would be way too much for my motherboard. Sounds like it should be fast though!! Actually just for grins how hot does your video card get? The new one I never idles much over 50%c which makes me happy.

I'm still looking for new parts...In the next few months I'll be upgrading the PSU. HDD's and memory. Hopefully that'll be it for this year...

Mind you, when Crysis is running at over 40+fps on 'very high', you know your doing something right...

That sounds like a great temperature. Nice and cool. Lets face it kemical we are upgraders pure and true, and even if we are satisfied at the moment with what we have something will come along and get us started again. But, one thing is interesting to me and thats the fact that there really have not been that many really new pc products lately. The only one I see that is really interesting is usb3. Here I thought firewire 800 was going to be the next thing but, I guess not huh?

My temps are as follows (see screenie) with the card hitting 55c under load...

Oh and talking about stuff for the future, it won't be long before SATA 3 is being used (6GB/s throughput)

Well my temp for the GPU under load appears to 58%c. The highest cpu cores are around 47 to 49%c.

Processor score 5.2
Memory score 5.9
Graphics score 5.9
Gaming graphics score 5.5
Primary Hard Disk score 5.8

I would guess thats good enough for government work?

By the way, I did get a Sandisk 4gb usb drive for use with Readyboost. It works just fine. I guess the only thing I am sorry about is I got one that is still a little small. Somehow, I guess I should have gotten the 16gb. What do think on this one?

Back