Flash Player problem

Have problem with Adobe Flash Player plug in, have downloaded the file but unable to open since it does not automatically open, it gives the option to open manually but I must be missing something:(.

reghakr

Essential Member
Is the Flash plugin for IE or Firefox?

In IE, it usually prompts for a dialog box and clicking on the Install button automatically install the plug for IE.

What is the name of the file you downloaded?

Flash plug in for Firefox not working, IE is working fine.

There is no 64-bit version of Flash, so you will need to use the 32-bit version of IE (or whichever browser) when you want to watch a video.

reghakr

Essential Member
There is no 64-bit version of Flash, so you will need to use the 32-bit version of IE (or whichever browser) when you want to watch a video.
Who said anything about a 64-bit version?

Flash plug in for Firefox not working, IE is working fine.
klaus1,
Did you save the install_flash_player.exe file to your desktop? If not, do a search for it, then double-click on it to install

Hi reghakr, each time I try to download the plugin I get a message box telling me to quit the Firefox browser, which I do but it still won't open. By the way I am running a 32 bit pc that had vista.

The file looks like this install_flash_player.exe
and I keep a window that says try again, to no avail.

speaking of flash, aim says i dont have flash installed, but i do, it works fine in firefox and ie

reghakr

Essential Member
klaus1,

Exit out of Firefox completely, then hit the Alt-Ctl-Del keys to bring up Task Manager and if Firefox.exe is in the list, select it and choose End Task.

Now double-click on the install_flash_player.exe

Could you give me the exact error message that you receive when double-clicking on the install_flash_player.exe?

Actually you are correct -- it doesn't work in 64 bit --never noticed it myself before but here's a clear example
If I start IE from the Menu and use the standard version here's the BBC ribbon with a clock in it (flash) this is displayed.

Now if I start the IE 64 bit version from the menu the BBC ribbon doesn't display the clock indicating that the adobe flash plugin doesn't work

Click on the images to get a "sensible" size. The 64 bit version is the first image, the 32 bit one the 2nd.
Cheers
jimbo

The Adobe website clearly states that Flash does not work with x64.

reghakr

Essential Member
It's great that you figured that outy, but he is running a 32 bit pc that had vista.
using?

That's why I posted my first message to you.

reghakr, did what you said about getting to the Task Manager, when I click on "end process, the message says "do you want to end install_flash_player.exe" so I click end process.

I keep getting this message: The following applications need to be closed before the Adobe Flash player plugin can be installed, and it list Firefox.......I get this message even after I close the Firefox browser, this is about as far as I can get with this install and the message box says "try again" , but nothing happens.

Not getting and other error messages, the file downloads but won't install.

reghakr

Essential Member
No, what I meant was to end task on Firefox, not the install_flash_player.exe.

Thanks reghakr,....You Da Man!!!:)

I think I'am going to like this Win 7....Klaus1.

ickky may

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

reghakr

Essential Member
That's great klaus,

Glad you finally go it!!

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.